clothes designing and making Watch

yurgirln33s
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
i want to start designing and making clothes and dresses. don't know where to start. any ideas?? i'm a kind of beginner.
CrazyKittenLady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by yurgirln33s)
i want to start designing and making clothes and dresses. don't know where to start. any ideas?? i'm a kind of beginner.
I would say start off collating a bank of photos of clothes and dresses you like and then get a nice big sketch book and some good pens and pencils and start sketching some of your ideas out before starting with fabric. Also would be useful to know how to use a sewing machine you could ask around and see if anyone oyu know has one you could borrow and practice with.
yurgirln33s
Rep:
?
(Original post by CrazyKittenLady)
I would say start off collating a bank of photos of clothes and dresses you like and then get a nice big sketch book and some good pens and pencils and start sketching some of your ideas out before starting with fabric. Also would be useful to know how to use a sewing machine you could ask around and see if anyone oyu know has one you could borrow and practice with.
yhh, actually my mum has a sewing machine n she knows how to sew - thats where i got the inspiration from XD
chrisharrison
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey, I would like to wish you all the best for your goals. You can join a fashion institute or get associated with a fashion group or have some inspirations from instagram or famous celebrities.
yurgirln33s
Rep:
?
(Original post by chrisharrison)
Hey, I would like to wish you all the best for your goals. You can join a fashion institute or get associated with a fashion group or have some inspirations from instagram or famous celebrities.
hi, thanks alot. i really appreciate ur kindness. unno of any fashion institutes or groups i could get in touch with?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
10%
Disagree (2)
10%
Neither agree or disagree (6)
30%
Agree (6)
30%
Strongly Agree (4)
20%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise