Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering about Uni life in halls and whether it is possible to function with severe OCD in regard to being a germophobe. I don't do so well with other people touching my stuff.
Do people you live with tend to leave other people's stuff alone or should I explain about my OCD when we are moving in together?
mmckenna11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi man, I lived in halls for 2 years. Around 12 people where in my flat with two toilets and two showers. It actually was totally fine, no one was ever in my room so I kept it very neat and clean. We shared a kitchen, you can buy a box and put everything you own in that box, cereal, break, plates, cups etc. For food in the fridge you can put them in drawers and get a big lunch box and keep stuff in there in the fridge. No one ever touched my stuff and no one ever got in my room so I was happy. My flatmates didn't go out much either so they didn't wreck the place or whatever. I say explain your OCD for sure when you get talking to them, im sure they would understand
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you so much for your response; I feel less anxious.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.82%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.13%
It might lead to more bullying (128)
37.98%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.27%

Watched Threads