The Student Room Group

IB higher science choices!!!

In the IB you can only choose two sciences to take at higher level, and I am so stuck with which two to choose! I want to keep my options open so at the moment I'm doing maths, chemistry and physics, but I enjoy biology so I really don't know what to do.
Reply 1
If your planning to do medicine, after school at uni, you should be taking three sciences at HL level. Many unis ask for that. So if you have any particular uni in mind, mail them or ring them and ask about it.
And about choosing three sciences at HL level is possible. I think you would be better off talking to your IB coordinator about this. If you don’t know your school’s coordinator, just ask around.
I think you have to take it as a separate subject and it won’t count towards your final grade. So it’s just extra workload, unless your university needs that. But you’ll get a certificate though.
But just ask before doing anything.
Remember, some unis just require bio and chem for medicine
Cheers !
Reply 2
Original post by Jake2004
If your planning to do medicine, after school at uni, you should be taking three sciences at HL level. Many unis ask for that. So if you have any particular uni in mind, mail them or ring them and ask about it.
And about choosing three sciences at HL level is possible. I think you would be better off talking to your IB coordinator about this. If you don’t know your school’s coordinator, just ask around.
I think you have to take it as a separate subject and it won’t count towards your final grade. So it’s just extra workload, unless your university needs that. But you’ll get a certificate though.
But just ask before doing anything.
Remember, some unis just require bio and chem for medicine
Cheers !

thanks for the help! I'll ask about that, although I'm not sure anyone at my school has ever done that before.
Reply 3
Original post by ayerf5
thanks for the help! I'll ask about that, although I'm not sure anyone at my school has ever done that before.

I actually read about this on the IB website. You can do that too for more information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending