Invisigone
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am 45 years old and work in electronic engineering. I have decided that it’s time to get qualified and have settled on the Hnc. I can’t go to college or uni because of work commitments, so I’ve been looking at UniCourse.org or tecol.co.uk both of which offer the same course at similar prices.

I am looking for any ideas/opinions/thoughts/experiences. Basically I’m trying to get as much info as possible to make my decision.

Apologies if this is a bit brief but I’m on a mobile phone.

Oh btw, hello to all.
sammyj97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

May be worth looking at the following links:

http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/qualifications/t09

http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/find/e...ic-engineering
Invisigone
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi Sammy, many thanks for the prompt response and taking the time to send me the links.

The open university is something I have looked at, in fact I did my math degree through them many moons ago.

Hnc is what I have settled on though, I really only need a basic qualification for electronic engineering. Once I’ve finished, it’s doubtfull I would change jobs for career progression, I am happy where I am. It’s more for me than anything else. I have a good job and only 10 years until I retire, so I’m not looking to better my situation, I am just looking for a qualification in the job I do now.
lester268
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi Sammy, i'm in the same situation you are. I'm 41 and looking to do the HNC. unicourse.org was what i was thinking, but i cant really find any reviews from ex students. Have you decided to go with them? if so what are they like ?Lester
94burns
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by lester268)
Hi Sammy, i'm in the same situation you are. I'm 41 and looking to do the HNC. unicourse.org was what i was thinking, but i cant really find any reviews from ex students. Have you decided to go with them? if so what are they like ?Lester
I'm also in the same boat, would be interested to hear from someone who has used them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (79)
21.88%
No (282)
78.12%

Watched Threads