The Student Room Group

Revision help?

Hi so i'm in y13 currently and i want to revise and when should i start for my a-levels. I have alot to revise because i forgot most of year 1 work. I take the subjects Biology, Product design and business
Reply 1
Chemistry is the worst subject it made me so depressed lmao. Year 1 stuff is important but most of it gets covered agajn through more complex things in year 2
Reply 2
Original post by kelsey.
Chemistry is the worst subject it made me so depressed lmao. Year 1 stuff is important but most of it gets covered agajn through more complex things in year 2

Yea i heard from my friends chemistry is stressful. How complex does it go in Year 2? Do you learn new topics again or is it all a continuation?
Reply 3
The best way to ensure you're staying on top of things is by spending a couple hours on yr 13 work and an hour or two going over yr 12 work and doing questions. Depending on how much time you spend studying each day you could do that all in one day or split it over two or three if you're overwhelmed and may have exams and homework. I'm currently going into my first yr at uni in a couple weeks and i can tell you surely that september is going be hella stressful with getting back on track and adapting to yr 13. Its a major step up from year 12 so the first month you should focus on doing homework, coursework, start thinking about your personal statement and just settling back into school life really. I would strongly encourage you to realistically start working on yr 12 stuff on top of your yr 13 work by october or latest november. More importantly don't stress too much, try and manage your time to the best of your ability.
Reply 4
Original post by AbiAbi_Abi
Yea i heard from my friends chemistry is stressful. How complex does it go in Year 2? Do you learn new topics again or is it all a continuation?

I did chemistry a level and you basically build on from yr 12, its just gets harder, more confusing and doing questions is a nightmare. Chemistry requires a lot of memorisation and even more for practice on questions.
Reply 5
Original post by VMathi
I did chemistry a level and you basically build on from yr 12, its just gets harder, more confusing and doing questions is a nightmare. Chemistry requires a lot of memorisation and even more for practice on questions.

Woah Well at least your not doing it now :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by VMathi
The best way to ensure you're staying on top of things is by spending a couple hours on yr 13 work and an hour or two going over yr 12 work and doing questions. Depending on how much time you spend studying each day you could do that all in one day or split it over two or three if you're overwhelmed and may have exams and homework. I'm currently going into my first yr at uni in a couple weeks and i can tell you surely that september is going be hella stressful with getting back on track and adapting to yr 13. Its a major step up from year 12 so the first month you should focus on doing homework, coursework, start thinking about your personal statement and just settling back into school life really. I would strongly encourage you to realistically start working on yr 12 stuff on top of your yr 13 work by october or latest november. More importantly don't stress too much, try and manage your time to the best of your ability.

Ok Thank you so much, i feel better :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by AbiAbi_Abi
Ok Thank you so much, i feel better :smile:

No problem, I'm glad I could help.

Quick Reply

Latest