swizzyb
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I had been predicted a 7 in GCSE PE, having achieved 9’s in every written mock and past paper since we started the course (the lowest I’ve gotten was 2 marks off a 9). My teacher had taken my actual GCSE practical grade and averaged out all of my mock exam marks to give me that prediction. My practical grade was not the best, but I had at least passed, whereas over half of the PE students failed practical.

On results’ day this summer, I opened my envelope and saw that I had received a 5. Most of my classmates who had been predicted 8/9’s all received 4’s, 5’s and if they were very lucky, a 6. Only 2 people received a 7 and that was the highest grade. My PE teacher was nowhere to be seen on results’ day, and this isn’t the first time this has happened.

The exact same thing happened to my cousin who also took the new PE exam at my school last year. She was predicted a 9 and got a 6. The PE teacher (same one I had) was again nowhere to be seen on results’ day. The teacher told my class that the reason why my cousin’s class had their marks dropped was because “the school’s sports hall was too small, so AQA said that their skills were not demonstrated enough” (what even?). But both classes did their final practical work this year at another school with a BIGGER sports hall and we still got low grades.

The teacher is refusing to speak to any ex-students who have come to the school, and told the reception staff to tell any ex-PE students looking for her that “their marks are never going to change”. The school has said that there’s nothing we can do about it. We can’t even get the exams remarked because she’s refusing to release the breakdown of our grades and she won’t give anyone the green light to submit a review request.

I need to report this teacher because she has failed everyone who has taken the new 9-1 PE exam at our school. Everyone who has taken the subject so far at my school has received lower grades than they predicted (and anyone who was told that they were going to fail, failed), and I honestly can’t believe that she is still teaching the subject when she is clearly incompetent. I don’t know what she is continuously getting wrong but this needs to end with my class. I refuse to see anyone else I know receive a poor grade because of this woman.

If anyone could offer me advice on how to report her, I would be grateful.
mrpoopoo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
lol this **** happened to me last year then the teacher moved to morocco
hoixw
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The only people who can actually do anything are JCQ and AQA
swizzyb
Rep:
?
(Original post by hoixw)
The only people who can actually do anything are JCQ and AQA
Not really. I called AQA and they told me that only my exams officer can do something about it. The exams officer has directed us to speak to the teacher, but the teacher in question is refusing to speak to anyone.
Last edited by swizzyb; 1 month ago
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by swizzyb)
Not really. I called AQA and they told me that only my exams officer can do something about it. The exams officer has directed us to speak to the teacher, but the teacher in question is refusing to speak anyone.
sounds dodgy for sure, if you can't get a response, would be inclined to speak to the headmaster personally...
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by swizzyb)
Your school already knows everything about the teachers exam results, the starting point of classes, the syllabus, their teaching style etc. The school seems to still be employing them - it's nothing to do with the exam board

What do you think you can add to what the school already knows?
swizzyb
Rep:
?
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
sounds dodgy for sure, if you can't get a response, would be inclined to speak to the headmaster personally...
I’ll definitely see if I could speak to the head tomorrow. At the end of the day, my other grades were nowhere near as low as PE so one poor grade is not the end of the world.
swizzyb
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Update: Having spoken to some year 11’s who currently take PE at my school, I was told that our teacher had some horrible things to say about put PE class (knowing her, I’m not the slightest bit surprised).

She blamed the low grades on everyone handing in their NEA “late”, and on one person actually copying and pasting an example NEA and handing it in as their own work.

She also blamed everyone’s low grades on the people who chose dance, saying that she didn’t like the songs because some of them had swearing and the moves didn’t match the songs.

Her excuses were pathetic and I was told that when she told these to our headteacher, the headteacher actually shouted at her and made her cry in front of students.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads