B0ND
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So the eu r really screwed if we leave is the way I see it. there are currently 3 main funders of the eu, us the French and the Germans but if we leave I don't think the french and Germans can keep it up. the Germans are on the brink of a recession and the French are not far behind and a total mess. The Eu will fall when (or if) we leave and I hope it does, it isn't what It was meant to be. and ffs Greece go bankrupt and start over stop taking German help as they will never be able to pay it back, they r a literal drain
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'd probably take your diatribe with slightly less mirth if it wasn't riddled with spelling and grammatical errors...
B0ND
Rep:
?
aha it's the evening and I'm tired after a long day of school let me off lol
Last edited by B0ND; 1 week ago
Stefanidi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by B0ND)
So the eu r really screwed if we leave is the way I see it. there are currently 3 main funders of the eu, us the French and the Germans but if we leave I don't think the french and Germans can keep it up. the Germans are on the brink of a recession and the French are not far behind and a total mess. The Eu will fall when (or if) we leave and I hope it does, it isn't what It was meant to be. and ffs Greece go bankrupt and start over stop taking German help as they will never be able to pay it back, they r a literal drain
I think you greatly underestimate the size and power of the German economy...it's still 1.5 times the size of the UK's
B0ND
Rep:
?
it is falling into a recession though, they can't keep it up if they want to save themselves
Stefanidi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by B0ND)
it is falling into a recession though, they can't keep it up if they want to save themselves
I suggest you do some more research. The uk economy is declining by twice the rate which you have neglected to mention
williamho
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
most of the manufacturing companies are moving out of the UK. Airbus . Cars.(Nissan / Toyota) etc

the Euro financial commissioner post/ agency has been taken back by the Germans when Brexit was first announced in 2016. This means the Euro (money currency) was once held responsible by the British. But not any more.

the Euro medicines commissioner post/ agency has been taken by the Dutch when Brexit was first announced in 2016. This means that all the medicines being sold in the EU was once held responsible by the British. But not any more

And yet people still believes the big banks (Morgan Stanley, GoldMan Sac etc ) will stay in London. Well, as a matter of facts, they big banks are moving out of the UK.

The EU is the largest single trading market block in the world. Bigger than the US. And the UK is turning its back away from the Euro zone
There are more trade deals within the EU than anywhere in the world. And yet the UK thinks trading with the US will make up the deficits.
No matter what happens to the EU, The Euro zone economy will always out perform better than the UK. And the German government will always have more tools to fight a recession.
theJoyfulGeek
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by B0ND)
The country which will suffer is the UK- the EU offers strength in numbers. The EU can make trade deals easily, as it's a massive trade block. However, the UK is tiny, losing its power and not very capable at making deals.

The EU will be just fine without the UK. Germany and France are incredibly strong.

If what you say were true (which it isn't), Germany and France working alongside many other countries would suffer, but the UK wouldn't?!
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by B0ND)
So? Hardly good news for them but not exactly an earth shattering calamity. Especially as the UK's economy is hardly stellar.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (201)
23.96%
Pop (208)
24.79%
Jazz (33)
3.93%
Classical (46)
5.48%
Hip-Hop (162)
19.31%