Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
i started trying to eat healthily because i was unhappy with my body which meant i was paying more attention to what i ate. i have periods of time when i do well but there are times where i just don’t, if i have snacks in the house i sometimes physically can’t stop myself from eating it until it’s all gone, same with unhealthy things if they’re in the house. after doing this i feel bad because i finished the food and have none left, as well as because i’m ruining my ‘healthy eating’ thing. also, when i’m eating meals i find it really difficult to stop myself eating the whole thing even if it means overeating. how do i stop myself from doing this and knowing when to stop?
stripo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
don't buy "bad" food. Or, ask your parents to not buy any.
eating healthy isn't always eating to lose fat. You need healthy food with lots of fibre to keep you full:spinach pepper broccoli etc.
custommealplanner.com if you're serious and eatthismuch.com if you want more freedom
you shouldn't ever feel hungry but you must be able to tell the difference between craving and hunger.
Exercise might help you (scoobysworkshop.com). It's important to eat good food consistently so your taste buds get accustomed to it and start to like it.
Good luck,
Sincerely, guy who lost 30kg.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Listen. All right. You can still have unhealthy foods, but to LOSE FAT, regardless of how well you eat, you need to be in a caloric deficit. Period. Without a caloric deficit, you could eat as "healthily" as you want, but will NEVER lose fat. The general consensus, as to why whole foods are recommended, is because they are more satisfying and allow you to be more full. Another point, TRACK CALORIES. No. Seriously. It might seem tedious but it's worth it. Here's an example, let's assume you need 1600 calories a day. You could eat all that with junk food and still lose weight. The problem however is that it doesn't fill you up, thus you become more hungrier. Now, have 1600 calories of whole food and you will be full up.
Anonymous #1
i know about all this stuff my problem is not being able to stop myself from overeating when i ‘crave’ food, i struggle to tell the difference between that and me actually being hungry but sometimes even if i know i’m not hungry i still eat
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i know about all this stuff my problem is not being able to stop myself from overeating when i ‘crave’ food, i struggle to tell the difference between that and me actually being hungry but sometimes even if i know i’m not hungry i still eat
I'm not going to lie, you have to get rid of the mindset of eating even if you know you're not hungry. It WILL require discipline. Your cravings need to be pushed aside, and one method I recommend is when you crave a food, either do an activity to take your mind off of it or simply learn to realise these small sacrifices will go a long way in assisting with whatever your personal goals are.
Anonymous #1
I'm not going to lie, you have to get rid of the mindset of eating even if you know you're not hungry. It WILL require discipline. Your cravings need to be pushed aside, and one method I recommend is when you crave a food, either do an activity to take your mind off of it or simply learn to realise these small sacrifices will go a long way in assisting with whatever your personal goals are.
thank you this is what i needed lol. i know you said i should allow myself to have unhealthy foods but i feel like when i tell myself this i excuse myself from eating badly and it gets worse, so i’m thinking of completely not eating things at home that i know i tend to eat a lot of. my problem with counting calories is that when i have food from school i don’t know how much is in it so i can’t really be sure? is there any basic method in which i can judge what’s best without knowing, like certain types of food not to eat too much of?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
thank you this is what i needed lol. i know you said i should allow myself to have unhealthy foods but i feel like when i tell myself this i excuse myself from eating badly and it gets worse, so i’m thinking of completely not eating things at home that i know i tend to eat a lot of. my problem with counting calories is that when i have food from school i don’t know how much is in it so i can’t really be sure? is there any basic method in which i can judge what’s best without knowing, like certain types of food not to eat too much of?
No problem, I'm happy to help. One thing I'd say about school meals is that some are healthy and some are not. If you can, I'd advise to meal prep from home and take that into school, if you can. If not, I would recommend having school food which is good in protein, for example if there's an option of pizza or chicken/beef, go for the chicken/beef as you're getting more benefits from them, as opposed to the pizza. I hope this helps, and if you need more help just reply and I'll answer.
Anonymous #1
No problem, I'm happy to help. One thing I'd say about school meals is that some are healthy and some are not. If you can, I'd advise to meal prep from home and take that into school, if you can. If not, I would recommend having school food which is good in protein, for example if there's an option of pizza or chicken/beef, go for the chicken/beef as you're getting more benefits from them, as opposed to the pizza. I hope this helps, and if you need more help just reply and I'll answer.
thanks, what about portion sizes?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
thanks, what about portion sizes?
For portion sizes, I'd say don't go for large plates but alternatively don't go for small plates. Stick to "medium" sized plates, and make sure at least half is incorporated with protein, then the other half split into fats and carbohydrates.
Anonymous #1
For portion sizes, I'd say don't go for large plates but alternatively don't go for small plates. Stick to "medium" sized plates, and make sure at least half is incorporated with protein, then the other half split into fats and carbohydrates.
that’s really helpful thank you
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
i cut off all fizzy, citric acid drinks (99% because literally unavoidable but mixed with water) & now i’m in the same kinda boat getting to stop eating unhealthy, as live in an area within 0.5mile radius there is like ten chippys.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
that’s really helpful thank you
No worries. I'm glad to help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?