Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that if you like walk into a shop they automatically assume you're there to cause trouble or parents assume the worst when something happens. Like last night when i was sick....my dad accused me of being on Eccies :eek: and my mum asked me if i was pregnant when all it was, was a bug. I dont think its fair that just cos i'm a certain age i should get treated like a criminal, junkie, slut or anything else bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    Why is it that if you like walk into a shop they automatically assume you're there to cause trouble or parents assume the worst when something happens. Like last night when i was sick....my dad accused me of being on Eccies :eek: and my mum asked me if i was pregnant when all it was, was a bug. I dont think its fair that just cos i'm a certain age i should get treated like a criminal, junkie, slut or anything else bad.
    i think that may just be your town

ReputationRep:
    A teenagers life is a that of upheaval, uncertainty and experimentation.

ReputationRep:
    do you take drugs or sleep with people tho?

ReputationRep:
    Do you where any designer labels? If so security guards will follow you like a hawk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    do you take drugs or sleep with people tho?
    No!
    My mums paranoid about me having sex with my bf though so shes constantly asking me stuff like that.
    One night, i got drunk (but her and my dad never knew) and i had fell on my ass on the wet grass...when i went home my mum wanted to know why my pants were wet (obviously thinking of something else) ....i had to stand for 20 minutes trying to persuade her it was nothing as i obviously couldn't say i'd fell or she'd know i had been drinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Do you where any designer labels? If so security guards will follow you like a hawk.
    we used to trick the guards...a group of us would go in, look a bit suspect, but not touch anything. the guards would hang about us. then we'd go to leave and then just suddently SPRINT it while shouting "cr4p, hes spotted you"

they would be too shocked/unsure of what to do and end up standing there.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't that give them more reason NOT to follow you? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    No!
    My mums paranoid about me having sex with my bf though so shes constantly asking me stuff like that.
    One night, i got drunk (but her and my dad never knew) and i had fell on my ass on the wet grass...when i went home my mum wanted to know why my pants were wet (obviously thinking of something else) ....i had to stand for 20 minutes trying to persuade her it was nothing as i obviously couldn't say i'd fell or she'd know i had been drinking.
    and you are 14? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't that give them more reason NOT to follow you? :confused:
    The more designer labels you wear, the more chav-like you look, therefore the more suspicion you will incur.

ReputationRep:
    and you are 14? :rolleyes:
    Yeah.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of shop lifters wear designer lables, Nike, Henri Lloyd etc. Quite often they are fakes as well. Security guards know a profile of people who are likely to shop lift and what they wear. So if you go in with designer trackies you are more likely to be followed. You will also find its much harder to get into pubs and clubs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    The more designer labels you wear, the more chav-like you look, therefore the more suspicion you will incur.
    Well...ok my bf and my mates are neds (or chavs) but i can understand them following me then cos my bf seriously looks like a stereotypical ned with his high-raised hat, Peter Storm jacket, Trackies tucked into the sock and the swagger.
    But i dont look particularly like a ned but i still get treated like this on my own or with my best mate who also doesn't look neddish.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of shop lifters wear designer lables, Nike, Henri Lloyd etc. Quite often they are fakes as well. Security guards know a profile of people who are likely to shop lift and what they wear. So if you go in with designer trackies you are more likely to be followed. You will also find its much harder to get into pubs and clubs.
    One of my local pubs will not let anyone in with a baseball caps.

ReputationRep:
    ok this where the problems arise. teenagers need to bear the responibility as well as the aprents. im 17 and i see all around me kids trying to rebel against their parents. you are having sex at 14. what is all that about? ure acting like a bit of a **** if you ask me

ReputationRep:
    Well...ok my bf and my mates are neds (or chavs) but i can understand them following me then cos my bf seriously looks like a stereotypical ned with his high-raised hat, Peter Storm jacket, Trackies tucked into the sock and the swagger.
    But i dont look particularly like a ned but i still get treated like this on my own or with my best mate who also doesn't look neddish.
    can i laugh at your boyfriend?

ReputationRep:
    You are judged on who you hang around with. I may be wrong, but I do not think that a dingle one of my friends are a chav and I most certaily do dress like a chav, thus I don't get tailed by security guards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    One of my local pubs will not let anyone in with a baseball caps.
    Lol in Manchester city centre you can't get in anywhere decent with base balls cap on. In the subrubs most places don't have dress codes. In the city centre everywhere does. A couple of years back you couldn't even get in wetherspoons with trainers on, but they realised that was mistake and they let you in now.

In the indie clubs/bars the dress code is trainers, jeans and a t-shirt usualy of your favourite bands. Although you can wear what you want as longs as its not trackies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonymontana)
    ok this where the problems arise. teenagers need to bear the responibility as well as the aprents. im 17 and i see all around me kids trying to rebel against their parents. you are having sex at 14. what is all that about? ure acting like a bit of a **** if you ask me
    Did i SAY i was having sex with my bf????

I dont think i did.

ReputationRep:
    we used to trick the guards...a group of us would go in, look a bit suspect, but not touch anything. the guards would hang about us. then we'd go to leave and then just suddently SPRINT it while shouting "cr4p, hes spotted you"

they would be too shocked/unsure of what to do and end up standing there.

teehee even though the guards are only doing their jobs, I do get irritated when they look at me for too long...Dunno if I'd bother to go that far though :rolleyes:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.