chelsskins417
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey i was wondering , if i do health and social care Diploma ( worth 2 a levels ) and not extended diploma ( worth 3 but our school wont allow us to do it ) can i still get into nursing ?
Beckyyyyyyyyyyy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m not sure but I recently just finished a level 3 extended diploma in health and social care and I’ve gotten in. Most universities want the equivalent of A Levels so like DMM for example. First year of the extended diploma is just the basic diploma anyway and then second year is the extended.
chelsskins417
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Beckyyyyyyyyyyy)
I’m not sure but I recently just finished a level 3 extended diploma in health and social care and I’ve gotten in. Most universities want the equivalent of A Levels so like DMM for example. First year of the extended diploma is just the basic diploma anyway and then second year is the extended.
Okay thank you...So since i do diploma which is only worth 2 if i am to be grade would it just be for example DM ? ( Sorry im only entering 6th form and im still sort of confused haha ) Also what other topics did u study on the side or did u just do the extended?
Beckyyyyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How many years is your diploma for? Is it level 3? I was put on level 3 health and social care course for 2 years, first year was diploma and 2nd year was extended diploma and the grades you got for both years were added together at the end to get the final results of DMM for example. I did that and maths. I was the same as you 2 years ago, I had no idea haha!
Asd901
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by chelsskins417)
Hey i was wondering , if i do health and social care Diploma ( worth 2 a levels ) and not extended diploma ( worth 3 but our school wont allow us to do it ) can i still get into nursing ?
Most universities require A levels for nursing as it is a competitive course , also you would require biology a level as a minimum to build basic knowledge
Beckyyyyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That’s no true. My friend who just got accepted into university with a BTEC extended does not have biology and is doing nursing.
Asd901
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That’s no true. My friend who just got accepted into university with a BTEC extended does not have biology and is doing nursing.
Is it nursing with a foundation year? my friend tried applying without biology and didn't get in
Beckyyyyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No it’s a straight out degree
Asd901
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago