Already used up funding, need to resit modules Watch

K!m
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I've repeated my second year and still failed modules.

I have used up all my funding (Gift year when I repeated my foundation year + CPR on the second year).

I got my results today:

Failed / mitigated elements require (re)assessment
Transfer to Ordinary degree

I rang my Uni to and they said the transfer to ordinary was temporary, to buy me time to do my reassessment. This would mean having to resit the failed modules. I don't need to resit the whole year, just part-time for those modules.

Problem is the finance, seeing as I have already used both my gift year and CPR.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by K!m)
Hi, I've repeated my second year and still failed modules.

I have used up all my funding (Gift year when I repeated my foundation year + CPR on the second year).

I got my results today:

Failed / mitigated elements require (re)assessment
Transfer to Ordinary degree

I rang my Uni to and they said the transfer to ordinary was temporary, to buy me time to do my reassessment. This would mean having to resit the failed modules. I don't need to resit the whole year, just part-time for those modules.

Problem is the finance, seeing as I have already used both my gift year and CPR.
Why did you failk? You can try cpr again. It is limited to one per year. You could try cpr on the year you were granted cpr.
K!m
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Why did you failk? You can try cpr again. It is limited to one per year. You could try cpr on the year you were granted cpr.
Personal reasons. Ah I see, thanks. I thought it was CPR was can only be given one time.

I am considering retaking the failed modules, self-funded and go on to my final year in 20/21. Will I still be eligible for the maintenence loan while I retake the failed modules? I'd still have to enroll and atttend those lectures again.

The 1 full year of funding I have left (reserved for my final year), by taking a maintence loan while I retake failed modules, will this impact my last year of funding at all?
scorpiorules
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
RU sure uni is for you? Perhaps you should cut your losses? you are presumably racking up a huge debt and at best case you will end up with a low grade?

You could get a job and take any credits you have passed into an OU degree so that you could earn at the sane time?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by K!m)
Personal reasons. Ah I see, thanks. I thought it was CPR was can only be given one time.

I am considering retaking the failed modules, self-funded and go on to my final year in 20/21. Will I still be eligible for the maintenence loan while I retake the failed modules? I'd still have to enroll and atttend those lectures again.

The 1 full year of funding I have left (reserved for my final year), by taking a maintence loan while I retake failed modules, will this impact my last year of funding at all?
1. Yes for maint.
2. No.
Check with sfe, but my understanding yes for maint and no for affect.

CPR is once per year applied for, but not more than once per same year.
As you have already done cpr once then I assume its the same personal reasons, in which case carry on with same quality of 3rd party evidence i.e GP letter.
Last edited by 999tigger; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?