I ASK QUESTIONS
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there,
I had an offer from Southampton uni for Aeronautics & Astronautics and the offer was AAB, where the A had to be in physics and maths. On results day I got A in maths C in physics and a B. So I missed my physics grade by 2 therefore they put me on a different course (which is fair enough) however, I got my physics remarked up to a B and I've been begging them to let me back on my original course as surely they would let a 1 grade leeway right? Especially if I've gotten a B in my EPQ and a B in AS Further Maths right?

Apparently that was a complete waste of time as they would prefer to let someone that got a few more marks than me (and got the A in physics) rather than do 2 additional subjects to show my interest in aero.

What's worse is they do let people in with B's in physics as on a taster day there was a bunch of people I met with offers of ABB (I think they got A in EPQ) + contextual offer. So clearly it's not just the B in physics that's the reason they aren't letting me in...

I've tried speaking to admissions but they reply as if getting the B is the be all end all and they will not allow me.

I need help, is there anything I can do to get back onto that course? I feel as if they might be full that's why they are flat lining me so hard...
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Retake your A levels. Meet the standard offer conditions and reapply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (9)
37.5%
No - I have already returned home (4)
16.67%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (6)
25%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (1)
4.17%
No - I live at home during term anyway (4)
16.67%

Watched Threads