Jess Phillips the worst MP there has ever been? Watch

Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
1. She speaks from the heart and I like that. Hers and Nicholas Soames' were favourite speeches from yesterday (Swinson in third).

2. Unless someone's going to define a measure of intelligence I'd suggest that argument is baseless.

3. May I remind you that Chris Grayling still occupies a seat?
1) this, I quite like her even though I may not agree with her politically (not right now since I’m neutral like Switzerland 😛) Whenever i hear Nicholas Soames I always think of this quote “having sex with him is like having a wardrobe fall on top of you with the key still in the lock”.

3) I think the field for worse MP is a rather crowded one. 😂
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No.

Can think of plenty of MPs worse than her.
John Wilkes in the 18th century.
20th century MPs like: Oswald Mosley, John Profumo, John Stonehouse, Lord Lambton, Jeremy Thorpe, Cecil Parkinson, Hartley Booth, Neil Hamilton, Jonathan Aitken and David Mellor .
In the 21st century MPs including: Nadine Dorries, Mark Oaten, Chris Huhne, Simon Hughes, Douglas Carswell, Fiona Onasanya, Jared O’Mara and Christopher Chope.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by karl pilkington)
Also the whole fake working-class thing saying she doesn't understand parliamentary procedure etc is so cringe.
Put 'Boris' everywhere you've put 'Jess' in the thread and it would be the same. (Faker, rants, emotional, pretends to be muddled, swearing to sound like he's down wiv da street, etc, etc, yawn.)
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
No.

Can think of plenty of MPs worse than her.
John Wilkes in the 18th century.
20th century MPs like: Oswald Mosley, John Profumo, John Stonehouse, Lord Lambton, Jeremy Thorpe, Cecil Parkinson, Hartley Booth, Neil Hamilton, Jonathan Aitken and David Mellor .
In the 21st century MPs including: Nadine Dorries, Mark Oaten, Chris Huhne, Simon Hughes, Douglas Carswell, Fiona Onasanya, Jared O’Mara and Christopher Chope.
Lets not leave out Nigel Evans. There's a special place in hell reserved for that effing creep.
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
They have to have a basic level of English and also I would prefer them to be older and more experienced and not use phrases such as 'crack on'. These are supposed to be the brightest and the best in our society and are also representing our country.
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
https://twitter.com/georgegalloway/s...84815751254018
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
Put 'Boris' everywhere you've put 'Jess' in the thread and it would be the same. (Faker, rants, emotional, pretends to be muddled, swearing to sound like he's down wiv da street, etc, etc, yawn.)
No but at least he has a modicum of intelligence and doesn't make basic grammatical errors.
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
Angela Rayner is also thick
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No but at least he has a modicum of intelligence and doesn't make basic grammatical errors.
Because they matter so much more than things like telling the truth or behaving with integrity.
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
Kind of reminds me of Bristol Palin. TBH I would rather have toffs etc like Jacob Rees Mogg running things than these awful people.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Kind of reminds me of Bristol Palin. TBH I would rather have toffs etc like Jacob Rees Mogg running things than these awful people.
You're fond of slouching creepy dishonest men are you? Is it the posh voice or the suits that get you fawning like this?
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Lets not leave out Nigel Evans. There's a special place in hell reserved for that effing creep.
His expense claims, attitude towards legal aid funding or climate change denial?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
They have to have a basic level of English and also I would prefer them to be older and more experienced and not use phrases such as 'crack on'. These are supposed to be the brightest and the best in our society and are also representing our country.
I beg to differ. Where in an MP job description does it require people to be the "brightest and best"?
What definition of MP are you inventing here? I find it really quite shocking that you're criticising somebody for their age (something I'm afraid they're unable to control) and unless you are her constituent I'd suggest respecting the decision of the however many thousand people to have elected her.
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
You're fond of slouching creepy dishonest men are you? Is it the posh voice or the suits that get you fawning like this?
How is he creepy? Also I am not 'fawning' if you read what I read I said I would RATHER have them in office than these stupid people.
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
(Original post by 04MR17)
I beg to differ. Where in an MP job description does it require people to be the "brightest and best"?
What definition of MP are you inventing here? I find it really quite shocking that you're criticising somebody for their age (something I'm afraid they're unable to control) and unless you are her constituent I'd suggest respecting the decision of the however many thousand people to have elected her.
Because they are running the country so it is common sense that they should be the brightest and best. Also who cares if she can't control her age. Someone with brain damage can't control it but they wouldn't be fit to be an MP would they?. Also yes she was voted in but only because she was first selected by the Labour party they could have chosen a better candidate.
Alt Tankie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Completely agree OP. I would get banned if I put down what I thought of this awful woman. Everything that’s wrong with the Labour Party
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
She is pretty terrible but is in no way the worse.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
her cardigan is highly disturbing

:afraid:
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Because they are running the country so it is common sense that they should be the brightest and best. Also who cares if she can't control her age. Someone with brain damage can't control it but they wouldn't be fit to be an MP would they?. Also yes she was voted in but only because she was first selected by the Labour party they could have chosen a better candidate.
a.) You weren't there on the selection panel to say there were better candidates available?
b.) No, you believe that people should be the "brightest and best" but you've yet to explain what you think that means except throw the word intelligence around, and have yet to explain what you're defining as intelligence - since there are many contested interpretations of what that means.
c.) I care if she can't control her age since you seem to be using that to criticise her, when it's not really her fault she's that age - is it?
d.) There's a difference with your example, every human has an age of some sort. Not every human has brain damage. Age is quantified and is easily measurable and is possessed by all of us. Having brain damage and not is a lot more of a binary difference than being "old" enough for you to be satisfied with them being an MP and not. There are 57 MPs who are younger than Jess Philips from many parties: would you deselect them all for the same reason?
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
Oswald Mosley?

No doubt nulli will come along and give several examples from 1772.
1772?

Well amongst the slave owners and nabobs of 1772, what about:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wilkes

You wouldn’t want him to meet your daughter.

Boris has been roundly criticised for withdrawing the whip from 21 Tory MPs including Churchill’s grandson, Nick Soames.

Soames’ grandad however once gaoled one of his own backbenchers; a traitor of vile opinions.

Is Archibald Maule Ramsey the worst MP ever?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archibald_Maule_Ramsay
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.59%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.17%
No (176)
34.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed