Social Epidemiology vs Infectious Disease Epidemiology

Watch
AlanoudYousef
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have a bachelor degree in Epidemiology, and wanted to get my masters. Months back i have applied for Applied Infectious Disease Epidemiology at UCL, while i was waiting for a response i was awarded a scholarship and a position at a university in my country after acquiring a Phd. That made me think about wether that course would be the right fit for me so i emailed ucl to know if after getting an offer i can transfer to Health and Society: Social Epidemiology, they immediately transferred my application. Now i don’t know if i made the right choice.
If it makes any difference i will list the career section of each major. those the ones that confused me.
Applied Infectious Disease Epidemiology:
The programme has two pathways of optional modules that map on to the careers market.

Pathway 1 is aimed at students considering a career as an infectious disease epidemiologist requiring strong quantitative and data analysis skills in data analysis.

Pathway 2 is designed for those intending a career in international global health and policy-related work where their focus will be on infectious disease control.

Employability

A major focus in this programme will be on the practical application of knowledge and skills to infection and population health problems. We will also encourage students to critically appraise and intellectually challenge the evidence in infection and population health, and to work in multidisciplinary teams to seek solutions to hypothetical and real-world public health problems. These are all vital transferrable skills in the job market.
Health and Societyocial Epidemiology:

The next generation of social epidemiologists, public health policy-makers and PhD students/researchers will find this innovative 12-month programme beneficial.

First destinations for graduates of the programme include governmental departments, the NHS, universities and research institutions. Some graduates continue their training as PhD students.
I need advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (21)
17.21%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (40)
32.79%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
9.84%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
10.66%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.1%
I think it's an unfair expectation (29)
23.77%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.64%

Watched Threads