The Student Room Group

Gcse

What is to be expected when doing textiles gcse? and do you have to good at drawing? My exam board is wjec/cbac
Reply 1
Original post by Meganevans149
What is to be expected when doing textiles gcse? and do you have to good at drawing? My exam board is wjec/cbac

I can't say for your specific exam board but I have just completed AQA textiles and got a level 8 and I am really bad at drawing so don't worry. I found there was a bit of painting and art in there but really easy things and very little as long as it showed what you were meaning to convey. The hardest thing I found was the drawing of designs but there are computer softwares for that or do what I did and print off model body drawing outlines from the internet and trace around them for the shape. If you compensate lack of drawing with annotations and lots of refinement you will be absolutely fine. I made sure to include pictures, postcards, real objects such as packaging for one of my projects and fabric swatches and it worked. There are many ways to create cool effects and art without drawing such as collages with paper or fabric or simply editing pictures on photoshop. Photoshop was honestly my life saver for one of my projects because you can easily play around with different compositions and designs print them off without having to draw a thing!!! good luck! message me if you need any more help and advice. Also if you look at pinterest lots of the sketchbooks etc are very arty but mine were very plain with annotations and I still got a good grade so don't worry!!!
Thank you so much! I just had my first lesson in year 10 and It was quite overwhelming
Reply 3
Original post by Meganevans149
Thank you so much! I just had my first lesson in year 10 and It was quite overwhelming

What did you find overwhelming about it the amount of work? difficulty?
I advise if you have a sketchbook type thing to keep on top of it and possibly make a tick list of what you need/want to include. We had to do 3 projects, 2 sketchbook than the exam one! I personally found the first one by far the hardest and as I didn't know what to do or where to start because it was so different to year 9 textiles, but trust it gets easier. What things./project are you working on/

Quick Reply

Latest