Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Posted this before but got no valid help so I'm posting it again.

Had to do summer resits for 1st year and will be getting results in September. This is what the University's rules are to progress from year 1 to year 2:

"In order to progress from Year 1 to Year 2 on the LLB Law (Clinical Learning) programme students must pass at the first attempt and achieve a Part I aggregation score of 11.5. Students who do not progress under this rule will be transferred to Part II of the LLB Law programme provided they have met the progression requirements for this programme"

I have throughout the year read this multiple times and have had it explained to me multiple times but to me it has always sounded like all I would have to do is pass the Clinical part of the course (as it was one module and I did well in it) in order to continue onto 2nd year. However, I have been kicked off the course because I have had to do a resit and I am planning on when I get my results back appealing and practical begging but I have no grounds to appeal on.

I was hoping to get some help on here about what I can possibly do before my results come out, possibly from a Rep.

Thank you
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
Brewong14e
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello, don't give up just do what you are told and make sure you read and revise well so that you pass your exams
Advertisement
Brewong14e
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Posted this before but got no valid help so I'm posting it again.

Had to do summer resits for 1st year and will be getting results in September. This is what the University's rules are to progress from year 1 to year 2:

"In order to progress from Year 1 to Year 2 on the LLB Law (Clinical Learning) programme students must pass at the first attempt and achieve a Part I aggregation score of 11.5. Students who do not progress under this rule will be transferred to Part II of the LLB Law programme provided they have met the progression requirements for this programme"

I have throughout the year read this multiple times and have had it explained to me multiple times but to me it has always sounded like all I would have to do is pass the Clinical part of the course (as it was one module and I did well in it) in order to continue onto 2nd year. However, I have been kicked off the course because I have had to do a resit and I am planning on when I get my results back appealing and practical begging but I have no grounds to appeal on.

I was hoping to get some help on here about what I can possibly do before my results come out, possibly from a Rep.

Thank you
Am a tutor, if you need any help. PM me please
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Brewong14e)
Hello, don't give up just do what you are told and make sure you read and revise well so that you pass your exams
Thanks but I don't need help with the revision rather with what to do now.
Advertisement
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
In my opinion, the best thing you can do is to ask to switch course. You're going to be thrown off the law llb because you didn't meet the terms, you're not going to be able to pass into the next year. You may have passed your resits though. I think your back up plan should be to switch course.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
In my opinion, the best thing you can do is to ask to switch course. You're going to be thrown off the law llb because you didn't meet the terms, you're not going to be able to pass into the next year. You may have passed your resits though. I think your back up plan should be to switch course.
No you don't get it.

I'm still on the Law llb, but I was doing it with something else. I know that, during my resits,
I achieved the grades to continue on to 2nd year of Law LLB (even though I haven't gotten my grades back yet) but not the grades to continue on with the specific course that I was doing . Did that make sense?
Advertisement
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No you don't get it.

I'm still on the Law llb, but I was doing it with something else. I know that, during my resits,
I achieved the grades to continue on to 2nd year of Law LLB (even though I haven't gotten my grades back yet) but not the grades to continue on with the specific course that I was doing . Did that make sense?
It makes sense now but in that case, why don't you just continue with the normal Law LLB? Assuming you're aiming to be a solicitor or barrister, that is the normal route anyway.

And if you have no grounds to appeal the decision, begging will have zero effect on the outcome.
Last edited by harrysbar; 1 week ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
No you don't get it.

Yes. I think you've got to make the most of what you can. Plus everything that harrysbarsaid
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
It makes sense now but in that case, why don't you just continue with the normal Law LLB? Assuming you're aiming to be a solicitor or barrister, that is the normal route anyway.

And if you have no grounds to appeal the decision, begging will have zero effect on the outcome.
True.

I decided earlier on today that I'd just continue on the normal path and work harder
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (11)
5.76%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (106)
55.5%
No (74)
38.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed