How can I find out more about the MA course I've enrolled on at BCU? Watch

s817
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've enrolled onto a MA design course with the initial interest of developing my portfolio further but I'm not sure if this is the right choice and I've been thinking of withdrawing before the course starts in a few weeks. I heard MA's are focused around doing verbal presentations which isn't a strong point of mine and if the course was based around this then I don't think I'd enjoy it or get to develop my portfolio much. The university website doesn't give much information about the course and assessment methods. I've contacted admissions and someone on the course team but I am yet to get a reply. How can I find out more about the course before making a decision? I haven't got long to decide whether I will continue and start the course or withdraw before it starts.
Birmingham City University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by s817)
I've enrolled onto a MA design course with the initial interest of developing my portfolio further but I'm not sure if this is the right choice and I've been thinking of withdrawing before the course starts in a few weeks. I heard MA's are focused around doing verbal presentations which isn't a strong point of mine and if the course was based around this then I don't think I'd enjoy it or get to develop my portfolio much. The university website doesn't give much information about the course and assessment methods. I've contacted admissions and someone on the course team but I am yet to get a reply. How can I find out more about the course before making a decision? I haven't got long to decide whether I will continue and start the course or withdraw before it starts.
Hi s817,

Which MA course is it you're planning on starting? If you search for your course page on our website here, it will have a course ind epth tab that breaksdown the course a d modules you'll study and how you'll be assessed. On that page you should also find contact details for the course director who is happy for you to contact them to ask any questions you have about the course.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,

Lydia
s817
Rep:
?
(Original post by Birmingham City University)
Hi s817,

Which MA course is it you're planning on starting? If you search for your course page on our website here, it will have a course ind epth tab that breaksdown the course a d modules you'll study and how you'll be assessed. On that page you should also find contact details for the course director who is happy for you to contact them to ask any questions you have about the course.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,

Lydia
It's the MA in Textiles and Surface Design. I have had a look at the website. There is only a brief explanation of each module. It doesn't really say how they will be assessed though. I have emailed the course director and even admissions but they are yet to get back to me.
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by s817)
It's the MA in Textiles and Surface Design. I have had a look at the website. There is only a brief explanation of each module. It doesn't really say how they will be assessed though. I have emailed the course director and even admissions but they are yet to get back to me.
I'm sure the course director will be in touch shortly, they might just be catching up after the summer holidays. But we'll see how we can help in the meantime - what questions did you have about the course?

Thanks,

Lydia
s817
Rep:
?
(Original post by Birmingham City University)
I'm sure the course director will be in touch shortly, they might just be catching up after the summer holidays. But we'll see how we can help in the meantime - what questions did you have about the course?

Thanks,

Lydia
How will the modules be assessed? Is it just coursework that you hand in or is it all verbal presentations? I heard that MA's are based around presentations.
s817
Rep:
?
And how many students are there on an MA course, is the same as a BA or more/less?
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi S817,

I spoke to the course leader to get these answers for you and I am aware that she got in touch with you couple of days ago to talk about the course. Hope it helped and let us know if you have any more questions

Thanks,
Anda
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (198)
24.26%
Pop (199)
24.39%
Jazz (33)
4.04%
Classical (46)
5.64%
Hip-Hop (154)
18.87%