Am I the only one who avoids my crush?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Whenever I've had a crush on someone or liked anyone, I always avoid/ignore them because the idea of being in a relationship makes me feel anxious even though I want to be in a relationship. I've never been in a relationship before and don't know what to expect or don't want to get hurt. My Mum, me and my siblings were treated badly by my Dad, I just worry about the same thing happening to me. I know all guys aren't like my Dad but it still makes me anxious of getting messed about. I really like this guy and I think he likes me too, we spoke briefly one time and then nothing. I wish I could approach him but I can't and it's so frustrating. I don't want to die alone or having never been in a relationship.
BlossomSugar
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, your not the only one who avoids your crush. I used to have a crush on someone, and I used to avoid him all the time. Maybe you should talk to him more though? Btw, please don't take my advice if you don't want to.
_what
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
why dont you try talking to him as a friend and just get to know him better, like you said you spoke briefly and maybe when your comfortable approaching him and talking to him as a friend the idea of being in a romantic relationship with this person wont be as daunting because you would practically be best friends and personally i think the best relationships stem from the fact that person is also your best friend. this also gives you an opportunity to see if you proper like them or you just like the way they look
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (676)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed