The Student Room Group

constantly feeling like a total idiot - alevels should i drop out?

hi , I study physics , maths and further maths and chemistry
I got a (D ) in maths , a C in chemistry , a grade C
in physics I also got a D in further maths which ive dropped ( as i find it boring)
whats worse is that i revised a lot for them which makes me wonder if i can carry on,
I preformed well at gcse but im really considering of dropping out to do something else ,I do enjoy my subjects but its obvious i cant get a decent enough grade :frown: I cant think of anything else that id like to do
Im not sure if i have enough time to change this situation around
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by dfghfgvvfdreg657
hi , I study physics , maths and further maths and chemistry
I got a (D ) in maths , a C in chemistry , a grade E in physics I also got a D in further maths which ive dropped ( as i find it boring)
whats worse is that i revised a lot for them which makes me wonder if i can carry on, a teacher suggested that i should have chose other alevels and now im not sure , I feel so ashamed with my grades
I preformed well at gcse but im really considering of dropping out to do something else ,I do enjoy my subjects but its obvious i cant get a decent enough grade :frown: I cant think of anything else that id like to do
Im not sure if i have enough time to change this situation around

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you're feeling so upset about your situation. These are incredibly difficult subjects. If these are the subjects you enjoy and you want to go on to anything science related, I would suggest speaking to your teachers about extra support. Alternatively you could consider another method of study, for example online distance learning. We have students enrolling with us all the time who didn't achieve their potential in a traditional school but do really well with our online learning style and expert tutors.

Best wishes,
Charlotte

Quick Reply

Latest