What do you think about following universities? Watch

UGP1023
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi I’m a international so I don’t really know much about the universities reputation and so on except what I have been reading online.

Since I’m international I have to choose 5 universities, and so far I think I have 3 but I wanted to know people’s opinions on them first

They are :
1.Loughborough
2.Sussex
3.Nottingham Trent

I’m also thinking about edge hill,hull and Keele.

Btw I want to study psychology with criminology on all of them
yaja_jaswal
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by UGP1023)
Hi I’m a international so I don’t really know much about the universities reputation and so on except what I have been reading online.

Since I’m international I have to choose 5 universities, and so far I think I have 3 but I wanted to know people’s opinions on them first

They are :
1.Loughborough
2.Sussex
3.Nottingham Trent

I’m also thinking about edge hill,hull and Keele.

Btw I want to study psychology with criminology on all of them
Sussex is a very nice uni when you look around it. Bear in mind I only went for an open day, but the area is lovely and open. The atmosphere and community really stood out. Some of the buildings can seem a bit cramped together (and if I'll be honest I did get lost a couple of times) but overall I would say it's a good uni.

As for Keele, I'm starting there this month so I can tell you it is fairly remote. It is very much community based as it is all one huge campus. The grounds are very pretty, as is Keele hall, so views and walks are great there. Social life may be lacking a bit, but I normally stay to myself anyway so I did not find that to be a problem, but you might. Same with sussex, you might feel a bit cramped due to the community feel.
UGP1023
Rep:
?
Thank you very much
And I don’t really mind that the nightlife isn’t great because I also like to keep to myself
UGP1023
Rep:
?
Do you know anything about the others?
yaja_jaswal
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Do you know anything about the others?
I'm afraid not, sorry
UGP1023
Rep:
?
That’s okay 👌 thanks anyway
Ja78975
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Look below
Last edited by Ja78975; 2 months ago
Ja78975
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
here you go: https://www.whatuni.com/university-course-reviews/
type in the University you are interested and it will show you student reviews. Hope it helps! 😊

Loughborough: https://www.whatuni.com/university-c...iversity/3608/

Sussex: https://www.whatuni.com/university-c...f-sussex/5193/

Nottingham Trent:https://www.whatuni.com/university-c...iversity/5490/
Last edited by Ja78975; 2 months ago
UGP1023
Rep:
?
Thanks this is really helpful!!
But what about prestige?
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
But what about prestige?
Ik Loughborough is becoming increasingly prestigious. It is in the top 10 UK unis this year so it’s definitely a good choice
yaja_jaswal
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
But what about prestige?
For a course like psych, I would recommend staying away from expolys. Such as nottingham trent. Nothing wrong with them as such, but they will always have the reputation of an expoly
UGP1023
Rep:
?
What is expoly?
UGP1023
Rep:
?
I googled it and I think I understand what it is but I don’t quite understand why it’s a problem? I think I can imagine why but I’m still unsure?...
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I googled it and I think I understand what it is but I don’t quite understand why it’s a problem? I think I can imagine why but I’m still unsure?...
There isn’t really a problem. It’s just that they’re always compared to the main uni. E.g Man Met is compared to Uni Of Manchester. Nottingham Trent is compared to Uni Of Nottingham ...
UGP1023
Rep:
?
Yeah okay I see the problem🤔
It’s just a bit hard to choose because I’m want to study psychology with criminology so I have really limited options :/
Froggo
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yeah okay I see the problem🤔
It’s just a bit hard to choose because I’m want to study psychology with criminology so I have really limited options :/
All of these seem pretty good, I know Loughborough n nt r good in terms of city and general uni experience, though I would probably check the entry requirements and also how the course is designed, e. G. Is the course designed to give you good employability, allow u try different things in the subject
UGP1023
Rep:
?
I have already stalked most of the universities, and the entry requirements for Loughborough are fine, and the course is very well rounded👍
slin2018
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Loughborough and Sussex are good unis, however, if you're capable of achieving grades on that level, I would suggest only applying to Nottingham Trent (or Hull/Edge Hill/Keele) as a safety backup option. Other unis doing Psychology and Criminology include Lancaster and Southampton. Also, are you dead set on doing Criminology? Without it you would have many more universities to choose from - places like Cardiff, Newcastle, Liverpool, Nottingham and Sheffield have modules related to crime in the single honours Psychology programme.
UGP1023
Rep:
?
I do really want to study criminology too but maybe I should also apply for some universities with just psychology..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (15)
68.18%
No (7)
31.82%

Watched Threads