Newstudent_
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I wanted to know which university is better for these two subjects criminology and psychology and, also if these universities are good or not.University of LeedsNottingham Trent University University of Portsmouth University of KentLancaster University Thanks for the info!
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Newstudent_)
Hi, I wanted to know which university is better for these two subjects criminology and psychology and, also if these universities are good or not.University of LeedsNottingham Trent University University of Portsmouth University of KentLancaster University Thanks for the info!
Hello!
One of my closest friends did Psychology and Criminology in her first year so hopefully I'll be able to answer any questions for you.
Lancaster is currently 1st of Criminology and 6th for Psychology in the Guardian league tables. This reflects the high teaching standards but also the high student satisfaction rate on these courses. Law (including criminology) is also 1st for job prospects after 6 months. I'd recommend having a look at the modules over the three years to see if they match your interest. We also have open days on the 7th and 14th of September. Lancaster is located in the north-west, somewhere in between the Lake District and Manchester. The careers service at Lancaster will help you to make connections in industries you're interested in but also to perfect your CV and job application skills.
Let me know if you have any questions about Lancaster,
Charlotte
2nd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Seris
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
All university are the best in terms of how you want to experience it. Good Luck OP
Newstudent_
Rep:
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hello!
One of my closest friends did Psychology and Criminology in her first year so hopefully I'll be able to answer any questions for you.
Lancaster is currently 1st of Criminology and 6th for Psychology in the Guardian league tables. This reflects the high teaching standards but also the high student satisfaction rate on these courses. Law (including criminology) is also 1st for job prospects after 6 months. I'd recommend having a look at the modules over the three years to see if they match your interest. We also have open days on the 7th and 14th of September. Lancaster is located in the north-west, somewhere in between the Lake District and Manchester. The careers service at Lancaster will help you to make connections in industries you're interested in but also to perfect your CV and job application skills.
Let me know if you have any questions about Lancaster,
Charlotte
2nd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Thanks for the information Charlotte, Lancaster university is my first option. I’ve already seen the modules and I really like them
Newstudent_
Rep:
(Original post by Seris)
All university are the best in terms of how you want to experience it. Good Luck OP
Thanks
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Thanks for the information Charlotte, Lancaster university is my first option. I’ve already seen the modules and I really like them
I'm glad to hear! If you have any questions throughout your application please drop this account a message, or you can speak to a student through the university website (it'll pop up in the bottom right hand corner).
Good luck with your application,
Charlotte
StudentRep Medway
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hi there!

Think I may have already posted this in a different threat that you asked the same question in but thought I'd leave it here in case I'm wrong or you haven't seen it

I'm in my final year at Kent at the moment, although I don't study criminology or psychology unfortunately. There is this online service thing at Kent though called Unibuddy, where prospective students like yourself, can ask current students studying the same subject, what it's like to do their course. You can ask them anything from how their timetable is, to coursework, exams, and what they're planning to do after. I'll leave the link here in case you're interested https://www.kent.ac.uk/unibuddy/

In terms of student life and facilities and all that, I personally think Kent is really good! I love the campus lifestyle and having everything you need in one place. There's a nightclub, cinema, theater, gym and loads of places to eat and drink on campus. It is also set in hundreds of acres of parkland and has some pretty amazing views over the Kent countryside and Canterbury cathedral too. I chose Kent because to me, it felt really homely and was a place I could see myself happily living. I'd definitely recommend going to some open days if you can because that can really help you decide if that university is the place you can see yourself at Also check out the modules at each of the universities you're looking at and decide which ones appeal to you the most as this can have a big impact on your academic experience at uni!

I hope that this helps! Let me know if you have any questions about Kent at all, I'm more than happy to help where I can.
Newstudent_
Rep:
(Original post by StudentRep Annabel)
Hi there!

Think I may have already posted this in a different threat that you asked the same question in but thought I'd leave it here in case I'm wrong or you haven't seen it

I'm in my final year at Kent at the moment, although I don't study criminology or psychology unfortunately. There is this online service thing at Kent though called Unibuddy, where prospective students like yourself, can ask current students studying the same subject, what it's like to do their course. You can ask them anything from how their timetable is, to coursework, exams, and what they're planning to do after. I'll leave the link here in case you're interested https://www.kent.ac.uk/unibuddy/

In terms of student life and facilities and all that, I personally think Kent is really good! I love the campus lifestyle and having everything you need in one place. There's a nightclub, cinema, theater, gym and loads of places to eat and drink on campus. It is also set in hundreds of acres of parkland and has some pretty amazing views over the Kent countryside and Canterbury cathedral too. I chose Kent because to me, it felt really homely and was a place I could see myself happily living. I'd definitely recommend going to some open days if you can because that can really help you decide if that university is the place you can see yourself at Also check out the modules at each of the universities you're looking at and decide which ones appeal to you the most as this can have a big impact on your academic experience at uni!

I hope that this helps! Let me know if you have any questions about Kent at all, I'm more than happy to help where I can.
Thanks for the information!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (43)
34.13%
The paper was reasonable (50)
39.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (21)
16.67%
It was TERRIBLE (12)
9.52%

Watched Threads