The Student Room Group

Mature student will I be accepted with 1 A level

I am 25 and was recently offered a provisional place at university.
I have a triple award btec from college from 8 years ago in public services which was a pass this is the equivalent to 1 A level.
The course i have applied for is criminology which was done through clearing. I had to have my certificates recovered and I put down on the uni application that it was a distinction by mistake.
When I have uploaded my certificate proof they are asking why it is only at a pass. I have said this was a mistake on the application. Will this effect my chances at being accepted to the course?

The course entry requirements said nothing about tarrif points and to my understanding as a mature student all you need to have is proof of prior learning which this is. I just haven't stated in the application that it was actually at a pass. The btec that I completed also has alot of relevance to the course I have applied for. Will it matter that my btec is only a pass? I am worried I was only offered the place because they thought my btec was a distinction.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Yes it matters because a pass is much lower than a distinction...?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by patry27
Yes because a pass is much lower than a distinction...?

Yeah but what I mean is as a mature student it would just need to be proof of prior learning which I have passed
Reply 3
You still need to have done reasonably well, unless it's a course/uni that accepts relevant work experience as an entry requirement instead. Uni's don't just let any one in that's older who has some kind of history of education. It's possible they'll still accept you but yes I'd imagine it would effect their decision of whether to admit you or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending