The Student Room Group

How can I reject guys nicely?

Context: I’m female 18

Ok so this is probably gonna sound really arrogant but basically I get hit on all the time, every time I leave the house, at the store, literally everywhere.

I guess I know I look hot, I go to the gym, I’ve got a big ass and pretty good assets and guys check me out all the time.

Anyways, Freshers week is coming up and I really want to make friends and not have guys come on to me, I’m very much aware a lot of people are gonna try and get with me, how to I politely say no?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

Ok so this is probably gonna sound really arrogant but basically I get hit on all the time, every time I leave the house, at the store, literally everywhere.

I guess I know I look hot, I go to the gym, I’ve got a big ass and pretty good assets and guys check me out all the time.

Anyways, Freshers week is coming up and I really want to make friends and not have guys come on to me, I’m very much aware a lot of people are gonna try and get with me, how to I politely say no?

"Sorry, I got a boyfriend." - in a nice & apologetic tone obviosuly.
Guys will take it as an insult whatever u do, however hard u try to be polite. I’d focus more on ur safety when rejecting guys. Be careful.
Original post by Jang Gwangnam
"Sorry, I got a boyfriend."

Nah, why should she have to lie?
Post pictures of your assets for evidence purposes, or kindly leave.

Thanks.
(edited 4 years ago)
Be like ''Sorry I'm not looking for a relationship rn''.

Simple and straight to the point.

Or just tell em' you have a penis.
(edited 4 years ago)
Nah, why should she have to lie?

It's a white lie, this way the lads won't have their hopes up.

If she can change her screen wallpaper to some random geezer (eg her brother or some celebrity), then that'll work.
Reply 7
"Sorry, I got a boyfriend." - in a nice & apologetic tone obviosuly.

I thought about this a lot but they could end up being friends with my housemates or other friends and they would find out
Reply 8
It's a white lie, this way the lads won't have their hopes up.

If she can change her screen wallpaper to some random geezer (eg her brother or some celebrity), then that'll work.

I’m gonna try this, which celeb do you suggest?

I'm not familiar with decent looking celebs, but like yeah; whoever you consider to be decent.

Maciej Musiał, he's a Polish actor so no one at an English uni is gonna recognise him.

say you're gay or in a relationship
Original post by jamal tyrone 2
Post pictures of your assets for evidence purposes, or kindly leave.

Thanks.

Since your exactly the kind of guy I’m gonna end up having to reject can you be some sort of help and tell me what you would be satisfied hearing as part of a rejection?
Since your exactly the kind of guy I’m gonna end up having to reject can you be some sort of help and tell me what you would be satisfied hearing as part of a rejection?

Why I'm not allowed to upvote your comment cuz I already recently upvoted something else you said. Is it my fault your humour is on point?
What colour hair do you have blonde or brunette? Just say that you have a radioactive pussy.
Original post by karl pilkington
What colour hair do you have blonde or brunette? Just say that you have a radioactive pussy.

I’m blonde if that matters but I dye my hair a lot and that’s not helpful
Reply 16
The nicest thing you can do in the long run is not get their hopes up or string them along, if you don't like them be straight up and say you're not interested, it may seem cruel but in the long run it's better for both parties.
I agree with worrying about your safety first and foremost. Some guys are a little crazy/entitled, especially when they're with their boys. You should be okay on campus but try to find some girlfriends.
Reply 18

Just politely tell them they're not your type ...and if they be persistant and don't take no for an answer then be ruder to them.

I dislike when women lie to me. If you don't want to date me, tell me the truth .. not some "i've got a bf" crap.

and tbh if you go down the "ive got a bf" route, and you DO meet a guy you like in your friends circle .. but have rejected loads of other telling them you've got a bf ... you've now made it 10X harder as if you get with this guy all the other guys are gonna be angry you've lied to them and probably be hostile towards you.
Original post by ANM775
Just politely tell them they're not your type ...and if they be persistant and don't take no for an answer then be ruder to them.

I dislike when women lie to me. If you don't want to date me, tell me the truth .. not some "i've got a bf" crap.

and tbh if you go down the "ive got a bf" route, and you DO meet a guy you like in your friends circle .. but have rejected loads of other telling them you've got a bf ... you've now made it 10X harder as if you get with this guy all the other guys are gonna be angry you've lied to them and probably be hostile towards you.

I don’t actually have a type though so this is essentially also lying but I totally get what you mean about the “bf excuse”.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending