The Student Room Group

Topic for EPQ for human sciences / bio / psychology

I just started year 12 and I need to decide what to do for my epq. I would like to do it on one or a combination of human evolution, genetics and psychology e.g. ‘Has psychology been shaped by evolution?’ Or ‘Do our genetics affect our psychology?’ Does anyone have any ideas on how I could combine all three or any other ideas? Thank you x
I can’t help you with specific ideas (as I know nothing about biology) but I would recommend thinking about topics which you could easily cover in under 5000 words. You may also want to think about questions which are easy to tackle, e.g. ask yourself if you can split you essay up into sections. Finally, you want to make sure that there is enough opinion on that topic out there already to base a project on. Don’t go for something really niche or a question which is too wide ranging. I’m sorry if that’s conflicting advice but I remember that when I did my EPQ last year, several students had to change their question after trying to peruse a topic that was too large to cover in the word limit or too niche.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending