Hypocritical remoaners Watch

kali8603
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Why is it remoaners can argue that Boris johnson is somehow a "dictator" or is "undemocratic" by suspending parliament, yet they somehow think its democratic to overturn the vote of the British people. This is an issue that really matters to me, I'm thinking of quitting the Labour party, the so called party of the working class, because Labour are showing where their true colours lie. Not with the unions, not with the working classes, but with the London liberal elite.
milliedowley
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
couldn’t agree more, they are convinced that brexit isn’t the will of the people when the first referendum says other wise and if it had gone the other way and remain won, this topic wouldn’t exist anymore
_Wellies_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Brexiters have had more than three years to deliver Brexit.

Should we continue to let the country go through chaos due to their ineptitude or should we put some adults in charge?
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Brexiteers... beat their chests when winning... whine when losing. Funny they complain about the chaos they have caused. Suggestion: for every placard outside parliament saying we voted to leave! Add one saying we didn't! Hehe
Last edited by Vinny C; 1 week ago
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kali8603)
Why is it remoaners can argue that Boris johnson is somehow a "dictator" or is "undemocratic" by suspending parliament, yet they somehow think its democratic to overturn the vote of the British people. This is an issue that really matters to me, I'm thinking of quitting the Labour party, the so called party of the working class, because Labour are showing where their true colours lie. Not with the unions, not with the working classes, but with the London liberal elite.
What's so good about the unions?
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
ha
The Mogg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
I just find it amusing that you use the term 'remoaners' and yet you're whining like a little ***** in your post...
Even as a brexiteer I agree that the use of the term remoaners is a bit stupid, mostly because it's used when brexiteers are complaining/moaning. Just say remainers, no need to throw a cheap insult in.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
Even as a brexiteer I agree that the use of the term remoaners is a bit stupid, mostly because it's used when brexiteers are complaining/moaning. Just say remainers, no need to throw a cheap insult in.
In the old days... they could just punch us in the face. Thug rule! Now... thanks to CCTV those days are gone so inane insults... moaners, losers... is all they have left.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
What's so good about the unions?
Not much... was a Union man for 20 yrs and they did sod all for me or my members. Were more like a Church... follow our agenda or get lost!
Last edited by Vinny C; 1 week ago
Surnia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The EU referendum wasn't legally binding, as there was no provision obliging the Government to take an official position on the result. Hence there's nothing undemocratic about currrent campaigning to remain in the EU.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Surnia)
Hence there's nothing undemocratic about currrent campaigning to remain in the EU.
If anything it is democratic, i mean by definition it is. It's just these err 'brexmoaners' (lets call them that) are upset people dont agree with them.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
MPs haven't voted to overturn anything. As already pointed out the referendum wasn't binding and even then all MPs have voted for now is to not have a no deal Brexit between now and Halloween. It is still possible for us to have a No Deal Brexit on the 1st November (literally the next day), it is still possible for the House of Commons to pass the Withdrawal Agreement and it is still possible for us to leave. Nothing has been overturned.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Boris was only elected by a few thousand Tories and has no mandate from the electorate to do what he is attempting to do.

As for remainers. Many stand to lose a great deal financially. If the country voted democratically to take lots of money off you, would you accept the decision as democracy in action?
kali8603
Rep:
?
(Original post by ByEeek)
Boris was only elected by a few thousand Tories and has no mandate from the electorate to do what he is attempting to do.

As for remainers. Many stand to lose a great deal financially. If the country voted democratically to take lots of money off you, would you accept the decision as democracy in action?
Only mega capitalists like big businesses and banks etc stand to lose a lot great deal financailly. Most remainers are wealthy middle class liberals. Most leavers are working class people. The people voted leave. I don't like boris, i'm the complete opposite politically, but he's trying to implement the will of the people.
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Democracy isn't one vote for ever. It is absolutely not undemocratic for people to suggest we have a second referendum, designed to give a clear mandate for a specific type of Brexit or to give people the chance to say if they've changed their mind with the 3 years of information they didn't have at the first vote.

Trying to suspend parliamentary democracy to get your own way, as Johnson wanted, is however antidemocratic.
Deyesy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So people can't change their minds?
Alexty28
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
All it is talk and complaining. Just ignore the "remoaners" and "brexiteers" because most of them are loud mouths with nothing of worth to say. They all use the same tactics such as name calling and saying what is and what is not democratic. Both sides are pathetic. I didn't want to leave, but now I can't wait just so people can shut up about it.

We should not have a second referendum because it would be a bloody **** show. And I am a remainer, but I know that is the worse thing we can do now.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Only mega capitalists like big businesses and banks etc stand to lose a lot great deal financailly. Most remainers are wealthy middle class liberals. Most leavers are working class people. The people voted leave. I don't like boris, i'm the complete opposite politically, but he's trying to implement the will of the people.
I earn £25k. I have a pension pot of around £50k which will likely be hammered post Brexit. And being on a moderate income I, like "the people" are very vulnerable to price hikes due to inflation which will increase massively as a result of a significantly devalued pound making imports like food and fuel significantly more expense.

And those wealthy middle class liberals you hate... They employ "the people". If the evonomy goes tits up, it isn't "the people" who will end up ok.

Such ignorance as your post is why we should never let the people make decisions they don't understand.
kali8603
Rep:
?
(Original post by ByEeek)
I earn £25k. I have a pension pot of around £50k which will likely be hammered post Brexit. And being on a moderate income I, like "the people" are very vulnerable to price hikes due to inflation which will increase massively as a result of a significantly devalued pound making imports like food and fuel significantly more expense.

And those wealthy middle class liberals you hate... They employ "the people". If the evonomy goes tits up, it isn't "the people" who will end up ok.

Such ignorance as your post is why we should never let the people make decisions they don't understand.
That's the ignorance, right there at the end! "never let the people make decisions they don't understand!". People knew exactly what they were waiting for. They didn't however specify whether they wanted to leave with a deal or not.

In some ways, I'd rather have a no deal, so we can become dependent on ourselves again rather than on other countries. It will allow us to create new industries and jobs rather than having to sell off our industries to the crooked EU
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That's the ignorance, right there at the end! "never let the people make decisions they don't understand!". People knew exactly what they were waiting for. They didn't however specify whether they wanted to leave with a deal or not.
Would you mind providing some evidence of this?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (213)
23.59%
Pop (223)
24.7%
Jazz (33)
3.65%
Classical (54)
5.98%
Hip-Hop (171)
18.94%