username4378620
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I still remember words/sentences from when I was in Year 7-9. I'm in my early 20s now. I'm thinking of picking Spanish up again. Some women at my workplace are Spanish and one Argentinian said I have got a great accent when I recalled sentences to her.

Do you think it's a good idea to learn new sentences and have general chitchat with them in Spanish each day? What resources would you recommend?
cheesecakelove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by EmperorNino)
I still remember words/sentences from when I was in Year 7-9. I'm in my early 20s now. I'm thinking of picking Spanish up again. Some women at my workplace are Spanish and one Argentinian said I have got a great accent when I recalled sentences to her.

Do you think it's a good idea to learn new sentences and have general chitchat with them in Spanish each day? What resources would you recommend?
If you want to improve your Spanish, conversing with your colleagues could be a great idea if they are open to helping you. If there are any evening classes in your area, you could also consider joining. You will get more structured lessons to help you refresh and develop your Spanish, and you will get to meet new people who are also interested in learning the language! Otherwise you can look at other online and mobile resources, e.g. Rosetta Stone, Duolingo, Youtube videos. I would also recommend immersing yourself in Spanish culture, e.g. music, film, tv dramas as it will help you pick up the language and key phrases more.
username4378620
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
If you want to improve your Spanish, conversing with your colleagues could be a great idea if they are open to helping you. If there are any evening classes in your area, you could also consider joining. You will get more structured lessons to help you refresh and develop your Spanish, and you will get to meet new people who are also interested in learning the language! Otherwise you can look at other online and mobile resources, e.g. Rosetta Stone, Duolingo, Youtube videos. I would also recommend immersing yourself in Spanish culture, e.g. music, film, tv dramas as it will help you pick up the language and key phrases more.
Thank you, will start looking around for evening classes. There are also some great Spanish shows on Netflix I believe so I can start there. I'll ask my colleagues if they're okay with speaking Spanish.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.33%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (14)
15.56%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (17)
18.89%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (10)
11.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (30)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
17.78%

Watched Threads