Stefaniesaund
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
This all started about a month ago. So i exceeded the grades i needed for the degree i wanted to do in my number one university, i expected to be confirmed place but had to wait 14 days just for a reply from the university( i called them over 12 times in the space of that and sent 6 emails) to which they then finally confirmed my place. Then now i have had a question about the finances for 10 days and i have called 2/3 times, at which my phone call was only answered once and the admission team on phone telling me they will email me the details i needed, which they have failed to and all my emails keep being ignored? I just don't know what to do
username4499734
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can you say which uni it is?
username4929556
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Stefaniesaund)
This all started about a month ago. So i exceeded the grades i needed for the degree i wanted to do in my number one university, i expected to be confirmed place but had to wait 14 days just for a reply from the university( i called them over 12 times in the space of that and sent 6 emails) to which they then finally confirmed my place. Then now i have had a question about the finances for 10 days and i have called 2/3 times, at which my phone call was only answered once and the admission team on phone telling me they will email me the details i needed, which they have failed to and all my emails keep being ignored? I just don't know what to do
I don't think you'll get many responses unless/until more facts are included. There appear to be issues in what you've written.
This all started about a month ago.
Does this mean from A Level Results Day?
So i exceeded the grades i needed for the degree i wanted to do in my number one university, i expected to be confirmed place but had to wait 14 days just for a reply from the university
How did you apply? Through UCAS? How did they reply?
Then now i have had a question about the finances
Have you applied, chased up the Uni and now still not got finance worked out?
Answers to these questions may help people work out the situation and give an informed answer to your question about knowing what to do.
Bobby.Jobby
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think its a sign that you're being too needy, maybe chill out babe x
Stefaniesaund
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dexter321)
I don't think you'll get many responses unless/until more facts are included. There appear to be issues in what you've written.
Does this mean from A Level Results Day?
How did you apply? Through UCAS? How did they reply?
Have you applied, chased up the Uni and now still not got finance worked out?
Answers to these questions may help people work out the situation and give an informed answer to your question about knowing what to do.
Yes from a level results day it took them over a week to confirm my place and due to my parents paying my student fee they sent me ab email 2 weeks ago mentioning they will contact me within the next 3 days to discuss financial information, which has still not happened although i have called every day in which they say they will email me the information in which they fail to do and have ignored my emails so now when i call no one answers. Bare in mind i am starting uni in just over a week now.
username4929556
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes from a level results day it took them over a week to confirm my place and due to my parents paying my student fee they sent me ab email 2 weeks ago mentioning they will contact me within the next 3 days to discuss financial information, which has still not happened although i have called every day in which they say they will email me the information in which they fail to do and have ignored my emails so now when i call no one answers. Bare in mind i am starting uni in just over a week now.
I don't think anyone will be able to get their heads around this at least until you answer all the questions I put to you.
Stefaniesaund
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dexter321)
I don't think anyone will be able to get their heads around this at least until you answer all the questions I put to you.
I dont know what to do. So this story started a couple of weeks ago on a level results day. I needed a DDM (btec level 3) to get into the uni i wanted and ended up getting a D*D*D* which i was pleased about. I applied through ucas so I automatically expected my ucas to have updated the day after results day as all my friends ucas pages updated to their universities accepting their place at the uni. Fast forward 4 days later, there is still no update although i even sent the university my results through email just incase. Still no response regarding to accepting my place. I then decided to call a week later as i thought theres no way there is still no response. My phone calls got ignored (5 calls in space of 9 days), my emails also ignored. Then due to my including ucas in my email they finally responded and accepted me into the university. Now this has began all over again (the university ignoring me) although i applied through ucas my university is a private uni, so basically my family will be paying for my student fees. The university emailed me 3 weeks ago saying that due to my family paying the university will contact me all the details of the financial information i need. I then waited a whole week and still nothing. Fast forward to now, for 3 weeks now ive called the university at least once a day at which my calls are being ignored, i have sent a number of emails with no response. Then the one time a week ago someone in the finance team finally answered saying they will send me the information via email in which they failed to do.Bare in mind i start university in a week and haven’t even managed to pay for first semester due to the university not getting back to me.
Stefaniesaund
Rep:
?
I dont know what to do. So this story started a couple of weeks ago on a level results day. I needed a DDM (btec level 3) to get into the uni i wanted and ended up getting a D*D*D* which i was pleased about. I applied through ucas so I automatically expected my ucas to have updated the day after results day as all my friends ucas pages updated to their universities accepting their place at the uni. Fast forward 4 days later, there is still no update although i even sent the university my results through email just incase. Still no response regarding to accepting my place. I then decided to call a week later as i thought theres no way there is still no response. My phone calls got ignored (5 calls in space of 9 days), my emails also ignored. Then due to my including ucas in my email they finally responded and accepted me into the university. Now this has began all over again (the university ignoring me) although i applied through ucas my university is a private uni, so basically my family will be paying for my student fees. The university emailed me 3 weeks ago saying that due to my family paying the university will contact me all the details of the financial information i need. I then waited a whole week and still nothing. Fast forward to now, for 3 weeks now ive called the university at least once a day at which my calls are being ignored, i have sent a number of emails with no response. Then the one time a week ago someone in the finance team finally answered saying they will send me the information via email in which they failed to do.Bare in mind i start university in a week and haven’t even managed to pay for first semester due to the university not getting back to me.
Stefaniesaund
Rep:
?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
OP, please stop making multiple duplicate threads, as this is against TSR rules. Please :bump: your existing thread if you want more responses.

When you say your calls are ignored, what do you mean by that? Is no one picking up, or are you actually getting through to someone?
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is quite confusing.

So, you had a conditional offer from said university through UCAS, and you prior to results day firmed this offer on track, yes? You said it's a private university, as far as I'm aware there's only 5 of those in the UK, knowing which one might help somebody advise you better?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
Tbf Boobby jobby and Dexter points out what you obviously cant see.

1. Your OP lacks sufficient meaningful detail making it harder to provide advice.
2. Waiting for confirmation would have helped with a little bit of patience, but you appear to have taken some sort of personal umbrage.
3. How would the uni be deliberately ignoring you?
4. Perhaps the uni is very busy and they dont have the details to hand?
5. Have you looked on their mystery website?
6. You dont give any sort of detail about what your status is home/ UK/ international.
7. Could you just not be patient and wait for the details? Surely the money is better in your parents account until they ask for it? I cant see what you are losing by waiting?
8. You seem to be getting worked up over very little imo. Just have the funds available for when they ask.
Stefaniesaund
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Tbf Boobby jobby and Dexter points out what you obviously cant see.

1. Your OP lacks sufficient meaningful detail making it harder to provide advice.
2. Waiting for confirmation would have helped with a little bit of patience, but you appear to have taken some sort of personal umbrage.
3. How would the uni be deliberately ignoring you?
4. Perhaps the uni is very busy and they dont have the details to hand?
5. Have you looked on their mystery website?
6. You dont give any sort of detail about what your status is home/ UK/ international.
7. Could you just not be patient and wait for the details? Surely the money is better in your parents account until they ask for it? I cant see what you are losing by waiting?
8. You seem to be getting worked up over very little imo. Just have the funds available for when they ask.
The deadline to have it paid by is Monday morning
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
The deadline to have it paid by is Monday morning
Then in your email you can have pointed this out plus your attempts to pay, but their failure to provide the details.
That will cover you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (535)
34.01%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (648)
41.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (318)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.58%

Watched Threads