alexandercw
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I chose to study both economics and German for my a levels but unfortunately, I have come to the conclusion that I do not want to study either of these subjects anymore. Do you think my college would allow me to change two A Levels (I have only been studying for a few days). I am going to take history as a replacement, but I have no idea what other subject to choose, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should pick alongside history and maths?
OR321
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Probably will let you. Most colleges give up to two weeks for students to change so make sure you ask your tutor as quickly as possible. Perhaps you could do business Studies or one of the sciences?
alexandercw
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
Probably will let you. Most colleges give up to two weeks for students to change so make sure you ask your tutor as quickly as possible. Perhaps you could do business Studies or one of the sciences?
I was thinking physics, however I was put off by many people I know saying it was way too hard and not worth it, is this true? I got 88 in my combined science GCSE so I can get on the science courses at my college.
THALCEDONY
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alexandercw)
I chose to study both economics and German for my a levels but unfortunately, I have come to the conclusion that I do not want to study either of these subjects anymore. Do you think my college would allow me to change two A Levels (I have only been studying for a few days). I am going to take history as a replacement, but I have no idea what other subject to choose, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should pick alongside history and maths?
Like the guy above said, they should let you change. In terms of choosing your third subject, choose something that you might find useful for your university degree. And make sure you ask to change as soon as possible.
alexandercw
Rep:
?
(Original post by THALCEDONY)
Like the guy above said, they should let you change. In terms of choosing your third subject, choose something that you might find useful for your university degree. And make sure you ask to change as soon as possible.
I am going to change economics to history tomorrow morning, and I am going to decide this weekend what to swap German for. I am very interested in engineering so physics would be useful for that
OR321
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was thinking physics, however I was put off by many people I know saying it was way too hard and not worth it, is this true? I got 88 in my combined science GCSE so I can get on the science courses at my college.
Not sure of physics coz I don’t do that. I did Computer Science, Maths and business at a Levels. Business was quite easy though
alexandercw
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
Not sure of physics coz I don’t do that. I did Computer Science, Maths and business at a Levels. Business was quite easy though
I also did computer science at GCSE and enjoyed that, is the course interesting and not too difficult as I would possibly be open to that? And also business, however I didn't study it at GCSE, is it massively different to economics?
OR321
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I also did computer science at GCSE and enjoyed that, is the course interesting and not too difficult as I would possibly be open to that? And also business, however I didn't study it at GCSE, is it massively different to economics?
Computer Science at A Level is incredibly difficult however if you’re good at programming or can learn it quick, then it can be good for you. In some aspect business is similar to economics, but not a lot. You don’t need business at GCSE to do it as they teach everything from scratch.
alexandercw
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
Computer Science at A Level is incredibly difficult however if you’re good at programming or can learn it quick, then it can be good for you. In some aspect business is similar to economics, but not a lot. You don’t need business at GCSE to do it as they teach everything from scratch.
I will go and speak to someone about it tomorrow, I think I'm going to do physics but I want to be 100% sure before I decide so I will consider as many subjects as possible, physics, business studies and computer science seem like good choices which fit with maths and history. Thank you for your help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads