If I delete my Facebook account will I still have my Facebook messenger?

Watch
s817
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have a Facebook account and facebook messenger. I created Facebook messenger account first with my number and then I created a Facebook account. I don't really post anything on the Facebook account or use it. If I delete it can I still use the Facebook messenger account?
Last edited by s817; 1 year ago
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No
Phoenixfeather99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I pressed send before I’d finished
No, it’s unlikely as the accounts are linked.
s817
Rep:
?
(Original post by Phoenixfeather99)
I pressed send before I’d finished
No, it’s unlikely as the accounts are linked.
Ok thanks but if I deactivate my Facebook account instead of deleting it then I can still use messenger right?
Phoenixfeather99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by s817)
Ok thanks but if I deactivate my Facebook account instead of deleting it then I can still use messenger right?
I think deactivating and deleting are the same thing. It might be worth trying to contact FB and asking.
s817
Rep:
?
(Original post by Phoenixfeather99)
I think deactivating and deleting are the same thing. It might be worth trying to contact FB and asking.
No deactivating is temporary and you can log back in at any time even many years later as long as you remember your login details but deleting is permanent, once you delete your account, you can never get it back. There isn't really a way to contact Facebook directly, I tried the help page but there's nothing unless your account has been disabled there's a form to fill in but they have no email or number to call.
spotify95
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by s817)
I have a Facebook account and facebook messenger. I created Facebook messenger account first with my number and then I created a Facebook account. I don't really post anything on the Facebook account or use it. If I delete it can I still use the Facebook messenger account?
If I remember correctly, once you've deleted your Facebook then you can't use anything to do with that account.

However, there is another, far more common option, which is to deactivate it - if you do that then you can log in at any time and start off again where you left off.

I'd personally delete it (so that it is wiped away) then start again with a new account if/when you want to join up again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (209)
57.26%
I don't have everything I need (156)
42.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed