Parking issue outside house.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys so I live in a shared Uni house with 3 other people. It has a driveway with spots for 2 cars, problem is there are 4 of us with cars. There is one more spot outside the house on the road for both houses on either side have 3 cars too and same for the rest of the street. So there is basically no parking space outside the house for the 4th car. The neighbors on one side to be kind are idiots who have space either side on the road but will chose to push there car as close to our space as possible even though they have space on the other side, i’m pretty sure they know what they are doing and I don’t think taking to them will make a difference.

What can we really do because when we have to park the 4th car the neighbors always come along and complain to say move it even thought technically it’s not break any laws being parked on the road outside there house. Everybody needs there cars for the moment.

What options are there if any because this is becoming so much hassle?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi guys so I live in a shared Uni house with 3 other people. It has a driveway with spots for 2 cars, problem is there are 4 of us with cars. There is one more spot outside the house on the road for both houses on either side have 3 cars too and same for the rest of the street. So there is basically no parking space outside the house for the 4th car. The neighbors on one side to be kind are idiots who have space either side on the road but will chose to push there car as close to our space as possible even though they have space on the other side, i’m pretty sure they know what they are doing and I don’t think taking to them will make a difference.

What can we really do because when we have to park the 4th car the neighbors always come along and complain to say move it even thought technically it’s not break any laws being parked on the road outside there house. Everybody needs there cars for the moment.

What options are there if any because this is becoming so much hassle?
You should have thought about this before you moved in together.
You all have permits?

1. You can have a dispute with the neighbour or work out a compromise between all four of you.
2. I can see why locals get annoyed with students.
3. Is it possible any of you could park further away and walk?
4. Is it possible any of you could leave their car at home?
5. Maybe you could use public transport, get a bike, pay for a parking space or give the person without a car a lift?

You all sound a bit self entitled.
RomNoob
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Park it in your neighbours spot, snooze you lose
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If they're parked outside your house so you have to park outside their house, and they ask you to move, offer to swap places if it makes them happier and suggest maybe that's how you should all park in the future if that's how they want it. If they for some reason don't like that, tell them to piss off cause the don't own the street.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
If they're parked outside your house so you have to park outside their house, and they ask you to move, offer to swap places if it makes them happier and suggest maybe that's how you should all park in the future if that's how they want it. If they for some reason don't like that, tell them to piss off cause the don't own the street.
They don’t park outside our house but one of our neighbors are being very awkward even though they have plenty of space they park there car as close to our side as possible and even nudging the front of there car on our side to limit our space. If they didn’t do they we would have enough space for all the cars but they are doing this for reason. So this is leading us to park one of the cars elsewhere and the neighbors on the other side are complaining to us
henleykt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you really need four cars. Why don’t two of you leave them at home and then share cars.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by henleykt)
Do you really need four cars. Why don’t two of you leave them at home and then share cars.
We have to do placement for some days in the week and everybody needs to drive there. So we do need them for a few months at least until the placement is over
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
You should have thought about this before you moved in together.
You all have permits?

1. You can have a dispute with the neighbour or work out a compromise between all four of you.
2. I can see why locals get annoyed with students.
3. Is it possible any of you could park further away and walk?
4. Is it possible any of you could leave their car at home?
5. Maybe you could use public transport, get a bike, pay for a parking space or give the person without a car a lift?

You all sound a bit self entitled.
How do I sound self entitled, I explained a problem and asked for a solution. It’s not my fault one neighbor is being a **** and taking up some of our parking space making us have to park elsewhere
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They don’t park outside our house but one of our neighbors are being very awkward even though they have plenty of space they park there car as close to our side as possible and even nudging the front of there car on our side to limit our space. If they didn’t do they we would have enough space for all the cars but they are doing this for reason. So this is leading us to park one of the cars elsewhere and the neighbors on the other side are complaining to us
So then get the complaining neighbour to have a word with the one that keeps parking over your drive as their parking means you have no choice but to park elsewhere. If they're not willing to do that then, again, tell them they don't own the pavement.
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
How do I sound self entitled, I explained a problem and asked for a solution. It’s not my fault one neighbor is being a **** and taking up some of our parking space making us have to park elsewhere
Because lots of other students manage without cars, whereas your house decides it needs four. It is a practical issue, so make a practical solution between yourselves or adjust to the reality of the situation. If you fancy taking on your neighbour then do so.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
Because lots of other students manage without cars, whereas your house decides it needs four. It is a practical issue, so make a practical solution between yourselves or adjust to the reality of the situation. If you fancy taking on your neighbour then do so.
I would but when it comes to parking they are overly fussy. I forgot to say to, overnight generally by 6-7pm we park the cars on our property which does block us in but the vehicles are on our property. But it’s during the day, you park outside there house for like 2 mins while you grab something from inside and they come running out, “You can’t park there”. Even for 2 mins while you run in to grab something. Ideally we want to park 2 on the road but like I said the other neighbor parks there car edging into our space so that can’t be done, so we park 2 in the drive 1 pavement and 1 road but it isn’t practical to do this during the day as all the cars become blocked in and we need to move all the cars.

Not really to sure of what solution someone would have got to on this problem but I just wanted to see if anybody else has experienced this and come to a solution before
doodle_333
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You could ask your neighbour to move their car. But I bet they're parking like that so as not to block their own view or drive so will refuse. Otherwise you'll have to either accept the war with your neighbour since technically you can park anywhere on the street as long as you don't block drives/drop curbs (if it's not restricted)... or park one of the cars elsewhere, presumably there are gaps further down the street.

Honestly though 4 cars in one house is ridiculous, surely someone can carpool or take public transport/bike. I find it hard to believe all of those options are impossible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (36)
28.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (11)
8.66%
No I am happy with my choice (71)
55.91%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (9)
7.09%

Watched Threads