The Student Room Group

Employment

Does anyone know the age restriction for working in a care home in Scotland? I’m on work placement and am hoping to get a job there very soon but the managers are unsure as to the restrictions due to my age- I’m not in education.
Original post by unclekiki123
Does anyone know the age restriction for working in a care home in Scotland? I’m on work placement and am hoping to get a job there very soon but the managers are unsure as to the restrictions due to my age- I’m not in education.

Hi there

As far I understand on this there's no law stopping you working in local government social care department, But if you are under 18 you will not be allowed to get involved with the imitate care of patients ( more personal hygiene care), but can do this under supervision but would restrict your opportunities.

You should seek this advice from your current placement you on ok
Original post by unclekiki123

I dont know of any specific laws stopping you.
Like has been said though- But if you are under 18 you might not be allowed to get involved with the imitate care of patients, unless under supervision.
They may also require you to have some sort of qualifications, depending on what job you are doing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending