Tyler_u098
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Okay so I applied for SFE in February and for some reason my mums supported application didn’t get takes into account so I only got the minimum ( I should really be in the higher bracket of like 8k-9k.

It took them all the way until the 10th of August to hear back and I was basically told to just send off all supporting and evidence again and I did so on the same day.

My application now doesn’t say how much I have been awarded and I’ve heard nothing further from SFE.

Does this mean I’m gonna get my payments late or not at all?

Just worries because I have rent and bills due for my accommodation.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tyler_u098)
Okay so I applied for SFE in February and for some reason my mums supported application didn’t get takes into account so I only got the minimum ( I should really be in the higher bracket of like 8k-9k.

It took them all the way until the 10th of August to hear back and I was basically told to just send off all supporting and evidence again and I did so on the same day.

My application now doesn’t say how much I have been awarded and I’ve heard nothing further from SFE.

Does this mean I’m gonna get my payments late or not at all?

Just worries because I have rent and bills due for my accommodation.
If its uni accommodation explain to them what is happening and there might be a delay, show them the evidence. They might wait for a while or suggest smaller payments. You might be able to use part of your bank od for that.

If its private then that is much trickier.

If you think you should be in the higher bracket, then you should get awarded it eventually after recalculation.
Tyler_u098
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
If its uni accommodation explain to them what is happening and there might be a delay, show them the evidence. They might wait for a while or suggest smaller payments. You might be able to use part of your bank od for that.

If its private then that is much trickier.

If you think you should be in the higher bracket, then you should get awarded it eventually after recalculation.
My accommodation isn’t with the uni but it’s through a student letting agency so I will give them a call to explain, thank you for your help

Do you know what evidence I will need to provide?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tyler_u098)
My accommodation isn’t with the uni but it’s through a student letting agency so I will give them a call to explain, thank you for your help

Do you know what evidence I will need to provide?
Sort out bank account if you can.
The uni letting agency is different.
A student letting agent is likely to be difficult, speak to them and see if they will accept part payment then see if you have an overdraft at your bank. the irony is it might not be available till you trigger it with £500.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?