The Student Room Group

Waiting time + repayment question

Hello! I'm starting a master's course soon, and I applied for a postgraduate loan a few months ago. I recently found out that there was a problem with the evidence I had supplied (I'd sent a certified copy of my ID card rather than my actual passport), so last week I sent in all the correct evidence. I received confirmation that my passport has been received today and will be returned to me soon. I was wondering about how long I'll probably have to wait before my application is approved and I'll receive my loan? I've been looking for a timeline for postgraduate loans but can't seem to find one.

My second question is about the repayment of my undergraduate tuition fee loan. I graduated in 2018 and took a year out for health reasons, during which I received benefits in my home country (Belgium), meaning I didn't have to pay back Student Finance this year. I know I'm supposed to keep SFE up to date on my employment details, so I was wondering if applying for a postgraduate loan is the same as letting them know that I'm returning to full-time education, or should I do something more? I looked into updating my employment info online, but since there are options for ‘I am in further education’ and ‘I’m receiving benefits', both of which currently apply to me, I wasn't sure what to do - if there /is/ anything I should do. Thanks so much in advance!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending