My teacher hates me for no reason

Watch
Gmac90
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’ve always been academically pushed during school. But since I’ve been in high school, my English and Hass teacher (let’s call her Miss S) has been consistently rude to me. It’s flared up over the past few weeks. I put in 100% effort into all my work and she disses it and calls it rubbish while fellow classmates love it. She yells at me for no apparent reason - so the other day I was sent to find a teacher. I knocked on Miss S’s classroom door and she didn’t answer. I knocked harder and waited a while. I knocked one last time and she definitely heard it because it echoed down the corridor. I opened the door and before I could excuse myself she yelled at me and told me to go away. She also gets me in trouble for stuff and ignores other students doing the wrong thing. So my friend who was sitting right beside me asked me how to do something on the computer. I talked very quietly and explained how to do it. Miss S saw me talking and hurried over to me and yelled at me for “disrupting other students”. I explained how I was helping her and she threatened to send me up the office for backchatting. The thing is, at the same time as that was all happening, some kids on the other side of the class were scooting around on chairs, speaking loudly about nothing productive at all and laughing. But still I got in trouble for being a distraction.

It is now every time I see her I feel like I slip into a hole I can’t get out of. She frustrates the hell out of me so I’ve resorted to misbehaving in class (which is completely unlike me). During a task, she frustrated me so much I yelled right back at her and swore at her. That’s the first time I’ve ever been THAT mad in a class. I’m in year 9 and during my 10.5 years at this school, be never felt like walking out of class but in the past 4 weeks I’ve had to literally stop myself from walking out every lesson I have with her.

I only have this problem in her class. I like English and don’t mind Hass but she’s totally ruined the subjects for me. In maths and science I enjoy the subject, I do good in the subject, so I get good marks in the subject. But with English and Hass I enjoy the subject, I do good in the subject, but get bad marks in the subject.

I feel this is affecting my mental health slightly. When I see her or step into her class I feel like I fall in a dark hole that’s impossible to get out of. I see her and immediately feel frustrated and overwhelmed. When I step out of her class I’m in such a dark headspace. I don’t want to talk to people and no matter how hard I try, smiling is impossible.

What steps should I take to resolve this problem. I feel I’ve made it clear to Miss S that she is the problem.
Last edited by Gmac90; 1 year ago
abcthe123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just go and speak to your headteacher directly about this and explain all of it. Mention how you feel like it's affecting yor learning negatively and it's making you feel like you want to come into school less. Simple as that.
Last edited by abcthe123; 1 year ago
username4499734
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sounds like a right old b*tch tbh. Report her or something
Gmac90
Rep:
?
(Original post by abcthe123)
Just go and speak to your headteacher directly about this and explain all of it. Mention how you feel like it's affecting you're learning negatively and it's making you feel like you want to come into school less. Simple as that.
See I’m one of those people who hate talking about my problems no matter how bad they’re affecting me. How could I start up a conversation with my deputy?
username4499734
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Gmac90)
See I’m one of those people who hate talking about my problems no matter how bad they’re affecting me. How could I start up a conversation with my deputy?
Maybe talk to another teacher that you’re comfortable with. Other teachers can usually get the message to the deputy without you having to do anything
Gmac90
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
Maybe talk to another teacher that you’re comfortable with. Other teachers can usually get the message to the deputy without you having to do anything
I would be comfortable talking to our deputy. How would I start a conversation with him regarding Miss S?
abcthe123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you want to get something sorted you'll soon realise you need to bite the bullet and go forward with things in life and not dwell on them. Just go to your head/deputy head and ask them for a word in their office, then explain.
username4499734
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would be comfortable talking to our deputy. How would I start a conversation with him regarding Miss S?
Something along the lines of how you feel like you’re always being singled out in a bad way. Then talk about how it’s starting to affect your health and work
Gmac90
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
Something along the lines of how you feel like you’re always being singled out in a bad way. Then talk about how it’s starting to affect your health and work
Ok Thankyou
Gmac90
Rep:
?
(Original post by abcthe123)
If you want to get something sorted you'll soon realise you need to bite the bullet and go forward with things in life and not dwell on them. Just go to your head/deputy head and ask them for a word in their office, then explain.
Thankyou
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Please be a doer and not a procrastinator as if it builds up even more your mental health will deteriorate.

I had a biology teacher like this, by the way, so can relate.

Go to the sympathetic deputy head and say I don’t know how to begin, but I have a problem with one of the teachers and it’s starting to upset me, or something like that

But please do not misbehave in class yourself. Two wrongs do not make a right and you need to concentrate and keep on track for the sake of your education

It sounds as if the teacher has discipline problems because the rest of the class are playing up whilst she is rebuking you

The deputy head will listen to you in an impartial manner and will deal with the problem discretely
macymclean
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m in the exact same but with teaching assistants and one teacher so there’s jade shannon and elaine and danny I’ve tried so hard too he patient and I’ve tried too initially give conversation but it never works and I’m just at the point where I’ve tried so hard too do that yesterday I was trying too talk too a member Shannon and she aired me and then said she’s gonna walk out the room for a second and stuff and it’s too the point where it’d annoyed me because staff all act weird around me I don’t know wether it’s because my anxiety but they just make me 10 x more uncomfortable generally and also there’s a teacher called Marcus sometimes he acts hella odd like generally they used too like me and idk what’s happened and this jade teacher gives me the *****iest dirtiest looks I’ve done **** all bare in mind this women is a grown women she’s 26 almost near 30’s and I just kinda find it messed up and whenever I say something she’s like no it’s destroying me and so is this one teacher called jackie but that’s why I’m stop doing girls club it’s giving me bad mental health and making me uncomfortable and jade and jackie run the girls group
Meliodas6
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Only one thing you can do with teachers like that is finding a teacher higher in the chain of command that preferably likes you and snitching, it’s the only time snitching is okay but there’s literally no other way of handling teachers like that I’ve experienced it myself
HaydenFordz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1year old thread :facepalm:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (40)
27.03%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.46%
No I am happy with my choice (84)
56.76%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (10)
6.76%

Watched Threads