username4889668
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
And the world is better off for it.

Weird, I was literally reading up about him last night and he died.
Alexty28
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I haven't been this sad since Gaddafi died
Jesus is a dude
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
Oh yeah i'm the fool :rolleyes: you're just a rank apologist for this scum.
During the 80s and early 90s he offered free education and health care for all his people. He was doing good. But as I said he married a gold digging wife and she changed him and made him into a monster.
Wōden
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jesus is a dude)
He fought racial oppression and stood up to Western imperialism and neo-colonialism. A great man.
He exerted plenty of his own racial oppression, and brutalised his own people too. He was a *******.
Alexty28
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It may surprise you that some people genuinely believe that Hitler had some good parts. I don't agree with that, but some people do. For Mugabe, I don't think he was completely bad.
I think it would be stupid to ignore that Hitler did do some good for Germany and his "aryan people". But at the end of the day he created an ideology of evil, in which the bad heavily outweighs any good. Hitler introducing animal rights does not make up for commanding a mass genocide of what he saw as 'sub human' elements.

And I think the same applies to Mugabe. The bad outweighs the good.
Last edited by Alexty28; 1 week ago
z-hog
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Aaryra)
And the world is better off for it.

Weird, I was literally reading up about him last night and he died.
Cool, who are you going to read about tonight?
z-hog
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
It may surprise you that some people genuinely believe that Hitler had some good parts. I don't agree with that, but some people do. For Mugabe, I don't think he was completely bad.
That's alright but a lot of Zimbabweans feel otherwise and the mismanagement of the economy to the extent of those record rates of inflation plus the decay in the farming industry didn't do the country any good. For all the talk of his fight against oppression, he became an oppressor and a tyrant himself and possibly more harmful to the country as a whole than anything else.

It wouldn't still be Rodhesia by now, it would have changed without Mugabe too. Seeing how badly certain things went, it's tempting to think that he would have gone down in History much better had a grand piano landed on him at the time of independence.
Last edited by z-hog; 1 week ago
Wōden
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
His environmentalist and anti-animal cruelty policies were pretty spot on.
z-hog
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Wōden)
If we're going to be like that, his regard for Communism wasn't necessarily a bad thing either.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jesus is a dude)
During the 80s and early 90s he offered free education and health care for all his people. He was doing good. But as I said he married a gold digging wife and she changed him and made him into a monster.
a couple of piffling good deeds is not even close to clearing him of a life time of being an affront to humanity. Neither is blaming his wife, who obviously was disgusting, but it does not exculpate him from his myriad of crimes
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by z-hog)
If we're going to be like that, his regard for Communism wasn't necessarily a bad thing either.
Except his determination to wipe out 100,000,000 odd people in the name of it..
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am encouraged to know that Mr Mugabe can no longer damage Zimbabwe.

I look forward to the day that Zimbabwe develops into the wonderful country it could be and I hope that day is soon.

I would remind others that even when you care about an issue very much it isn't worth insulting somebody else based on their viewpoint. Report the posts and move on.
Last edited by 04MR17; 1 week ago
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Wōden)
I dunno, thanks to him there was a genocide of pets in the UK
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by z-hog)
That's alright but a lot of Zimbabweans feel otherwise and the mismanagement of the economy to the extent of those record rates of inflation plus the decay in the farming industry didn't do the country any good. For all the talk of his fight against oppression, he became an oppressor and a tyrant himself and possibly more harmful to the country as a whole than anything else.

It wouldn't still be Rodhesia by now, it would have changed without Mugabe too. Seeing how badly certain things went, it's tempting to think that he would have gone down in History much better had a grand piano landed on him at the time of independence.
There's a certain irony in that despite certain unsavoury characteristics of these countries when they were under colonial/white rule they also functioned a hell of a lot better. With SA and Zimbabwe being prime examples of this.
Jesus is a dude
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
a couple of piffling good deeds is not even close to clearing him of a life time of being an affront to humanity. Neither is blaming his wife, who obviously was disgusting, but it does not exculpate him from his myriad of crimes
I will wipe my tears with the $100 trillion Zimbabwean dollar in commiseration of his death
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
There's a certain irony in that despite certain unsavoury characteristics of these countries when they were under colonial/white rule they also functioned a hell of a lot better. With SA and Zimbabwe being prime examples of this.
I take some considerable issue with the idea that South Africa functioned better under "white rule" (to use your phrase) and would suggest you rethink that particular remark.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
I take some considerable issue with the idea that South Africa functioned better under "white rule" (to use your phrase) and would suggest you rethink that particular remark.
As i had previously qualified it with acknowledging there were serious social problems with it im not sure what your specific issue is? I mean it is, whether we like it or not, a cast iron fact that )again despite the racism etc.) the states were much more economically successful. Zimbabwe was the bread basket of Africa and South Africa was effectively a western state before the ANC destroyed it from within.
As for the remark itself, it could possibly have done with some polishing however the general point stands.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by z-hog)

We will never know whether the nation would have gone down a different path without his input. I don't think he was completely to be blamed for the economic woes, as his country was isolated and could not survive from an internal or even a regional market.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Wōden)
I don't know those policies but cannot comment. Many of the worst individuals in the world are still viewed as decent people. Cecil Rhodes, Winston Churchill and many more have done despicable things to groups of people.

It is interesting that some people are viewed as being completely good, yet others are viewed as being completely bad.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Wōden)
I don't know those policies but cannot comment. Many of the worst individuals in the world are still viewed as decent people. Cecil Rhodes, Winston Churchill and many more have done despicable things to groups of people.

It is interesting that some people are viewed as being completely good, yet others are viewed as being completely bad.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (189)
23.95%
Pop (192)
24.33%
Jazz (30)
3.8%
Classical (46)
5.83%
Hip-Hop (150)
19.01%