Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Ok so I’m taking a gap year and reapplying (this year) for biology at the university of Bristol for 2020 entry.
I got BBB at A-level and I read the entry requirements can drop to at least BBB depending on contextual factors.

I read up on these contextual factors and I do meet at least 1 if not 2 of them. I know nobody can give me a definite answer except the uni themselves, but could anyone give me an indication
2500_2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ok so I’m taking a gap year and reapplying (this year) for biology at the university of Bristol for 2020 entry.
I got BBB at A-level and I read the entry requirements can drop to at least BBB depending on contextual factors.

I read up on these contextual factors and I do meet at least 1 if not 2 of them. I know nobody can give me a definite answer except the uni themselves, but could anyone give me an indication
Their information is pretty transparent and they aren't trying to trick you - yes it looks likely. But as you say you'll need to check with the uni. The page about contextual offer literally has a name and phone number on - they are actively encouraging you to ask.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Thanks dude, apologies for the nerves
2500_2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks dude, apologies for the nerves
Seriously don't be nervous, it's not silly to ask and they are definitely trying to be encouraging. Hope they tell you what you are hoping for!
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I got ABC and I got in, so I think you will get in too.
aamired
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
Thanks dude, what did you study there
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
There is a big difference between applying with achieved grades, and being accepted in August the year you take your A levels. This doesnt mean that they will necessarily take everyone applying with already achieved grades that are below their requirements. It also depends on subjects/grades.

PS. You dont need to meet all the Contextual criteria to be eligible for the lower offer - just one is enough. So apply!
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by aamired)
Thanks dude, what did you study there
I'm going to study civil engineering
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (523)
59.98%
Yes- I don't like it (44)
5.05%
No- I want it (246)
28.21%
No- I don't want it (59)
6.77%

Watched Threads