The Student Room Group

UCAT score of 648 and band 1

UCAT score of 648 and band 1 with all A* in GCSE and predicted A*AA in A levels. Is this any good for Medicine in 2020? I am considering Bristol, Nottingham, Birmingham Southampton, King’s, Norwich. Any suggestions?
Original post by CandyKiki
UCAT score of 648 and band 1 with all A* in GCSE and predicted A*AA in A levels. Is this any good for Medicine in 2020? I am considering Bristol, Nottingham, Birmingham Southampton, King’s, Norwich. Any suggestions?

Bristol is UCAT heavy the cutoff was 690 and there’s no reason to think it’s going down. Score yourself for Birmingham on their website and you are looking for above 8. Score for Nottingham and in the past it’s been 45 50 and 52 (the last two include personal statement) there is consensus that it may slightly go up due to removal of ps but people think around 47 is ok. I’m no expert on kings . Norwich should be fine . Not sure about Southampton though so you may want to post on the megathread to clarify
Reply 2
Thanks so much. My individual scores were above 740s for QR & AR but VR was less which brought down my overall score. My nerves got better of me. 😳

Original post by DGeorge13
Bristol is UCAT heavy the cutoff was 690 and there’s no reason to think it’s going down. Score yourself for Birmingham on their website and you are looking for above 8. Score for Nottingham and in the past it’s been 45 50 and 52 (the last two include personal statement) there is consensus that it may slightly go up due to removal of ps but people think around 47 is ok. I’m no expert on kings . Norwich should be fine . Not sure about Southampton though so you may want to post on the megathread to clarify
Original post by CandyKiki
Thanks so much. My individual scores were above 740s for QR & AR but VR was less which brought down my overall score. My nerves got better of me. 😳

So were mine but my very score didn’t destroy me quite so much - interestingly though I did have a spider on me for vr and dm
Reply 4
Sorry. I thought I did but has appeared here. 😳

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending