Really want to go somewhere but I can't.. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Really want to go to this concert to see my favourite singer and idol of all time.. her initials are TB. She is a legend and I just love her so much. I don't want to miss this opportunity.. she hardly ever comes to this country (UK) and she is getting olde. The tickets are currently on sale today, she loads of U.K. fans as well as fans around the world. She coming to a local destination later this year, I have asked family members if they will be up, but no response from some -and others have other commitments. I have even offered to contribute to their ticket, knowing damn well the tickets are almost £60 each including delivery fee PLUS transportation to the venue.. (which is going to be a lot!). But I have no one to go with me and I'm honestly so lost for words. Like I said, I don't want to miss my chance I'm actually seeing her concert and she is getting older so I don't want her to retire or anything (just yet). My family are against me going alone... I am 20 years and do look small as in body weight but it doesn't matter because I look around for my surroundings and safety all the time.. I have no friends to go with, they will all be busy with uni, other stuff and have moved on with their lives 😭 I don't know what todo any help or advice would be handy for me.
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Get a commode.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
With things like this that you really want to do, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and go alone. Lots of people go to concerts on their own, it's not that weird. Don't let yourself miss out on it - but you also can't expect other people to go and spend money (and if not money, then time) on something they're just not into.

Go yourself, and have a great time!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
With things like this that you really want to do, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and go alone. Lots of people go to concerts on their own, it's not that weird. Don't let yourself miss out on it - but you also can't expect other people to go and spend money (and if not money, then time) on something they're just not into.

Go yourself, and have a great time!
I have no problem going alone, but my family are against it. They won't allow it to happen no matter how hard I try.
I feel like I am going to miss out on it, I'm really trying and I know others don't know much about her music, I have offered to pay for their ticket so at least all they can do is come. Who would turn down a free concert ticket (I'm sure no one!) it's so challenging because I am really desperate to see her and the end is looking like it is near. I understand that people may not want to spend money on someone they're not familiar with, I get it but if you're willing to pay for someone to attend with you, don't you think it will change something?
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have no problem going alone, but my family are against it. They won't allow it to happen no matter how hard I try.
I feel like I am going to miss out on it, I'm really trying and I know others don't know much about her music, I have offered to pay for their ticket so at least all they can do is come. Who would turn down a free concert ticket (I'm sure no one!) it's so challenging because I am really desperate to see her and the end is looking like it is near. I understand that people may not want to spend money on someone they're not familiar with, I get it but if you're willing to pay for someone to attend with you, don't you think it will change something?
You're 20 years of age, your family cannot control where you can and can't go.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
You're 20 years of age, your family cannot control where you can and can't go.
You're right. But is easier said than done 😭
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
im in such a similar situation with tyler the creator😭at this rate im prob gonna go alone
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Go by yourself, your family can't dictate what you do when you're responsible for your own decisions.

I'm going to a concert in November by myself, against my family's will. Just put your foot down.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
im in such a similar situation with tyler the creator😭at this rate im prob gonna go alone
You may have more luck than me. My family are more firm and tough so going beyond their wishes would be so much challenging..
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MidgetFever)
Go by yourself, your family can't dictate what you do when you're responsible for your own decisions.

I'm going to a concert in November by myself, against my family's will. Just put your foot down.
I would want to go by myself it would just save all of the hassle. And you're right they can't dictate neither can they control. I might have todo it if worse comes to worse.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So this was posted 5 months ago and I actually went to the concert last year. It was amazing. I didn't go alone though and had to pay for my relatives ticket. My bank account was crying but regardless I still had a good time and it was worth it because they enjoyed it too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.75%
No (265)
33.25%

Watched Threads