Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, am at the planning stages of my AS coursework and am doing the pigment test.
    I have decided to use an object 30mm long in a test tube and i need to add an amount of water that will cover the object but not too much.
    Can anyone help and suggest a suitable amount of water to use?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Got no idea what you are on about. Rephrase question

ReputationRep:
    sorry been at college all day!
    i have to do an experiment where i put pieces of vegetable in test tubes. the vegetable pieces are 30mm long and in order to heat them i have to fill the test tubes with water. my teacher said to do it so that is covering the vegetable but not too much, so i was asking for suggestions about how much water to put in the test tubes??

ReputationRep:
    Can't you put enough water to cover the veg? With an extra few ml just to prevent the water from evaporating, and leaving the veg "dry" as it were

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.