Govand123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was thinking of self teaching myself A Level Economics in a year.
I was wondering if there are any resources which allow me to get an A/A* without soending too much money.
Also has anyone heard of Open Study College?
I currently have no resources as I haven’t done the A Level before
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Govand123)
I was thinking of self teaching myself A Level Economics in a year.
I was wondering if there are any resources which allow me to get an A/A* without soending too much money.
Also has anyone heard of Open Study College?
I currently have no resources as I haven’t done the A Level before
Just buy the textbooks and self teach.
https://www.economicshelp.org/
vanessa2422
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I taught myself A Level Economics and got an A*. You don't need to work with a distance learning provider. I just made notes using information from the textbook and Econplusdal's videos, and did a lot of past papers to practise.
Govand123
Rep:
?
(Original post by slin2018)
I taught myself A Level Economics and got an A*. You don't need to work with a distance learning provider. I just made notes using information from the textbook and Econplusdal's videos, and did a lot of past papers to practise.
Hey man, what textbooks did you use and did you get the past papers/mark schemes from the exam boards websites?
vanessa2422
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey man, what textbooks did you use and did you get the past papers/mark schemes from the exam boards websites?
Which exam board are you doing? I just used the textbook for Edexcel since that's the one I did. And yes, I just got the past papers from the exam board website.
Govand123
Rep:
?
Which exam board are you doing? I just used the textbook for Edexcel since that's the one I did. And yes, I just got the past papers from the exam board website.
Yeah i’m doing Edexcel too. Did you do Spec A or B?
vanessa2422
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah i’m doing Edexcel too. Did you do Spec A or B?
I did A
Govand123
Rep:
?

I did A
Sorry for the constant questions but I was wondering how long it roughly takes to learn all the content. Let’s say I revised hard for 6-7 hours a day
vanessa2422
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Sorry for the constant questions but I was wondering how long it roughly takes to learn all the content. Let’s say I revised hard for 6-7 hours a day
Is Economics the only A Level you're doing? If so, you should be fine to cover it in a year with 6-7 hours a day, and possibly even less. I did it over the standard two years and only did 1-2 hours a day of Economics, but this was on top of two other subjects.
Govand123
Rep:
?
Is Economics the only A Level you're doing? If so, you should be fine to cover it in a year with 6-7 hours a day, and possibly even less. I did it over the standard two years and only did 1-2 hours a day of Economics, but this was on top of two other subjects.
I’m doing 3 other subjects but I’ve done these subjects before. I’m just resitting so there isn’t anything new I need to learn. I just need to go over them every now and then. Econ is the only new A Level
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (697)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (875)
42.56%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19.07%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.47%

Watched Threads