Help plesse Watch
I have hist been informed I am not eligible for turion fees. The reason for this is 20 years ago I did an art foundation course at uclan. I then went on and did my 1st year of degree then moved on to second year. Halfway through the 2nd year I had an accident and couldn't continuewith the course. I took a year out then went back to resit my second year again. Unfortunately I couldn't complete the course as my mental health want good. 20 years later I enrolled at college where I did an foundation diploma in art and design wich I passed. I applyed to go to uni to complete my studies which is ace year fda. I have been accepted by the college but have now been informed I'm not entitled to turion fees as I've had my limit for funding I have been advised that there is no point in appealing . Is there any way I can get help with turion fees they are 6000 for the year. I am in no position to pay this upfront .can anyone shed any light on this please any advice appreciated? Thankyou
This is expressed as a finance status of degree +1. Everything revolves around your student finance status.
1. Art foundation takes you from degree+1 to degree+0.
2. Degree first year takes you from degree +0 to degree -1.
3. Second year takes you from degree-1 to degree-2 including the accident.
4. Second year resit takes you from degree-2 to degree-3 including the MH issues.
5. You then did a foundation diploma which is a level 3 FE and not HE funding, so it doesnt affect you. If you already had art foundation, not sure why you would do it unless outdated.
6. You then return to college expecting to be funded but your finance status is degree-3, which means they would only pay for you from year 4 and beyond.
The closest you could get is a compelling personal reasons claim based on your accident in 3 to get 1 year funding back.
A further CPR claim based on your MH in 4 to get 1 years funding back.
That would restore funding from degree-3 to degree -1 if you were successful in both.
Then you would have to check whether the uni gave you a cert he for the first year or your credits were live. This would help you be funded for your course from year 2 onwards.
1. Student finance isnt unlimited. You cant keep expecting them to pay for courses.
2. This is 20 years ago so your ability to prove an extenuating circs claim is 20 years old and they really want evidence from a 3rd party and the uni. This might mean your medical notes. Without evidence a cpr claim would be unlikely to work.
3. You have to establish your successful first year gave you credits or an award cert he.
It is a very long shot.