The Student Room Group

Questions for guys. [but anyone can feel free to answer]

If you've been chatting to someone for a month and you still haven't met up. Are you just chatting to them out of spite? Playing games? Leading them on? Or do you genuinely want to meet up eventually?

Context: Speaking to this lad I met off tinder. We've facetimed, chatted on the phone here and there, snap chat etc. I've tried to meet up with them, go to spoons etc [there was a brief moment when they ghosted me on that day when we supposed to meet up, and so I just moved on but then they popped up a day after when they saw I was going 'out 'out'] And then we carried on chatting.

We engage in dirty talk, he sent a d**k pic last Thursday out of the blue. We both have made our intentions clear [not looking for a hook-up--and if it was, surely they would have got bored and moved on?] But this guy has got to be the most confusing guy I've ever chatted to. It's constantly up and down. I've been straight with him. I've said if he not interested just say and I'm not just about hooking up--I want to get to know them. I know I should just pie him off but I really like talking to the dude.

Compared to our first chats, they were definitely a lot much engaging. Constantly messaging etc and now it's like okay and sometimes good but you can definitely see a difference. Wouldn't surprise me if he were chatting with other girls.

[note; I've made posts about this before]

Can anyone explain what is going on here? Like is he doing it out of boredom? Why waste a month chatting with me? Why does he when I confront him say 'of course I wanna chat and meet up etc'

Is he all just talk and no action?
Reply 1
Original post by Ilovebeef19
If you've been chatting to someone for a month and you still haven't met up. Are you just chatting to them out of spite? Playing games? Leading them on? Or do you genuinely want to meet up eventually?

Context: Speaking to this lad I met off tinder. We've facetimed, chatted on the phone here and there, snap chat etc. I've tried to meet up with them, go to spoons etc [there was a brief moment when they ghosted me on that day when we supposed to meet up, and so I just moved on but then they popped up a day after when they saw I was going 'out 'out'] And then we carried on chatting.

We engage in dirty talk, he sent a d**k pic last Thursday out of the blue. We both have made our intentions clear [not looking for a hook-up--and if it was, surely they would have got bored and moved on?] But this guy has got to be the most confusing guy I've ever chatted to. It's constantly up and down. I've been straight with him. I've said if he not interested just say and I'm not just about hooking up--I want to get to know them. I know I should just pie him off but I really like talking to the dude.

Compared to our first chats, they were definitely a lot much engaging. Constantly messaging etc and now it's like okay and sometimes good but you can definitely see a difference. Wouldn't surprise me if he were chatting with other girls.

Can anyone explain what is going on here? Like is he doing it out of boredom? Why waste a month chatting with me? Why does he when I confront him say 'of course I wanna chat and meet up etc'

He's not that into you sorry.

Wouldn't surprise me if he were chatting with other girls.

Gosh. how niave are you.
Of-course he's chatting to other girls.

The fact that you're pining over him like some puppy, and he's being flaky with you .. tells me that he's an attractive man with multiple options.
Original post by Ilovebeef19

I’m a girl so sorry if I’m not super helpful but from speaking to my closest friends who are guys I’ve learned it usually isn’t that deep for them which is more frustrating for us! I don’t think he is fully comprehending your intentions and taking you seriously. If you want more than what he is offering I wouldn’t bother with him anymore because he clearly isn’t prepared to put in the effort with you. You will find they suddenly want passion and effort when they’re horny unfortunately, then once they get what they want that’s it.
Original post by ANM775
He's not that into you sorry.

Gosh. how niave are you.
Of-course he's chatting to other girls.

The fact that you're pining over him like some puppy, and he's being flaky with you .. tells me that he's an attractive man with multiple options.

To the original poster, I hope this reply above doesn’t upset you. You aren’t a bad person for wanting what you want and don’t feel bad for being “naive” don’t forget your worth. Also I recommend reading “women don’t owe you pretty” by Florence Given. That book will definitely help you with this issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending