Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi,
Aston have so many societies and clubs, but I don’t want to join too many. Are 2 societies and a club considered too much? For current students, do you feel during exam season it becomes difficult, trying to find or make time?
Froggo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,
Aston have so many societies and clubs, but I don’t want to join too many. Are 2 societies and a club considered too much? For current students, do you feel during exam season it becomes difficult, trying to find or make time?
Don't think so, heard students tend to pick a lot then actually end up being at the few that really matter to them. The socitiies I heard aren't constant, unless it's something like a sports or orchestra society which obviously requires more dedication. But u should do fine with those I think.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Ohh okay, yeah I suppose I could try out a few different ones and then narrow it down to the ones I most enjoy. I just worry having a tight timetable, and trying to balance all. ah, Thankyou!
(Original post by Froggo)
Don't think so, heard students tend to pick a lot then actually end up being at the few that really matter to them. The socitiies I heard aren't constant, unless it's something like a sports or orchestra society which obviously requires more dedication. But u should do fine with those I think.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,
Yea most people only join 1 or 2, doing more would not be manageable tbh. They just offer loads so that everyone has something, and obviously everyone has different interests etc.

I recommend trying something you cant do outside of uni, I went through undergrad only playing on sports teams (of sports I played before uni), I moved to a new Uni for post-grad tried something totally new and loved it (wish i did this at undergrad now...)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (14)
6.73%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (116)
55.77%
No (78)
37.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed