Minimum amount of fruits and vegetables I should eat a day? Watch

LadyMcCartney4
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by I AM GROOT 1)
Oh you poor things :console: okay I think we should complain less :lol:

I remember getting forced to eat a tomato I kept refusing until I took a bit and puked :yuck: it was horrible
i have the same reaction to fruit to this day, i can't even swallow an apple.
I AM GROOT 1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LadyMcCartney4)
i have the same reaction to fruit to this day, i can't even swallow an apple.
Really :eek: they destroyed you inside
LadyMcCartney4
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by I AM GROOT 1)
Really :eek: they destroyed you inside
yeah, the only fruit i can eat is a banana! must be some kind of disorder. it's not even disliking fruit, i just physically can't swallow it. it's the texture i guess.
I AM GROOT 1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LadyMcCartney4)
yeah, the only fruit i can eat is a banana! must be some kind of disorder. it's not even disliking fruit, i just physically can't swallow it. it's the texture i guess.
I’m not a big fan of bananas because of the texture too. I know what you mean
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
You may feel fine, but your body won't be happy on the inside. Please try to eat at least some fruit and veg.
Thank you for the concern but I don't feel off or any negativity in my body if that makes sense? I do eat enough protein, carbs and healthy fats along with extra foods to get all the vitamins and minerals but I don't eat fruit because it makes me sick and gives me a headache though I do eat vegetables.
username4932890
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Its 5 fruit or vegetables (variety) a day so i would try and aim for 3 for now and then build it up. You could have a side of vegetables for lunch & dinner and then 2 / 3 portions of fruit throughout the day.
Surnia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What would you say 5 fruits and 5 veg should be to eat a day?
It's a minimum of 5 helpings of fruit and veg a day, not 5 fruits and/or 5 veg, or 5 helpings of fruits and 5 helpings of veg (though the more the merrier!). The size of a helping varies depending on what you are eating; in some cases it's a 'handful' of an item. As I said, 'eat the rainbow' by having a variety of colours: dark leafy veg like cabbage and spinach, onion, tomatoes, berries, grapes, broccoli, bananas, citrus fruits (beware of too much sugar, though). It's easy to up the amount with a good handful of veg in a stir fry, having veggie soup (try homemade or mind the amount of salt if you buy readymade) and root veg in a casserole in cooler weather.

Baby corn, mange tout and sugar snaps, carrot, cauliflower, broccoli can all be eaten raw and are great for a crunchy salad. I'm terrible for snacking on peas in a pod! Family used to grow them and I'd eat nearly as many as I shelled
Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Surnia)
It's a minimum of 5 helpings of fruit and veg a day, not 5 fruits and/or 5 veg, or 5 helpings of fruits and 5 helpings of veg (though the more the merrier!). The size of a helping varies depending on what you are eating; in some cases it's a 'handful' of an item. As I said, 'eat the rainbow' by having a variety of colours: dark leafy veg like cabbage and spinach, onion, tomatoes, berries, grapes, broccoli, bananas, citrus fruits (beware of too much sugar, though). It's easy to up the amount with a good handful of veg in a stir fry, having veggie soup (try homemade or mind the amount of salt if you buy readymade) and root veg in a casserole in cooler weather.

Baby corn, mange tout and sugar snaps, carrot, cauliflower, broccoli can all be eaten raw and are great for a crunchy salad. I'm terrible for snacking on peas in a pod! Family used to grow them and I'd eat nearly as many as I shelled
Its 5 all together not 10 wtf
Surnia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Its 5 all together not 10 wtf
That's what I've been saying: minimum 5 helpings of fruit and veg. Ten hasn't come into my answers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
9.52%
Disagree (2)
9.52%
Neither agree or disagree (7)
33.33%
Agree (6)
28.57%
Strongly Agree (4)
19.05%

Watched Threads

Latest