Help! Loughborough vs Aston vs Liverpool for Computing and management/business

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I can go to either of those unis but Im having a hard time to decide which one to choose. Liverpool(Financial Computing) as a uni it ranks highest in international rankings and is the only russel group from the 3.

Aston(Computer science with Business) has a top ranking business school, it claims to be in the top 1% in the world.

Loughborough(Computing and Management) ranks highly in the national league tables but on par with Aston internationally.

I didnt really like Loughborough as a place to live, it felt I little depressing whenever I visited a family memeber that lives there. It seems like a bubble, which im not a fan of either. I would prefer to live in a city but if Loughborough is the best option I might be able to sacrifice although it seems hard to.

Ive been to birmingham a few times and it has always been an enjoyable experience and Liverpool as well, the one time I visited it was really good too. So I would have no complaints living in either cities

Course wise, I would say Aston seems to be the best option only marignally due to it being accredited and has the best name from the 3.

Im really torn between these options. Anyone able to help?
Loughborough University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I can go to either of those unis but Im having a hard time to decide which one to choose. Liverpool(Financial Computing) as a uni it ranks highest in international rankings and is the only russel group from the 3.

Aston(Computer science with Business) has a top ranking business school, it claims to be in the top 1% in the world.

Loughborough(Computing and Management) ranks highly in the national league tables but on par with Aston internationally.

I didnt really like Loughborough as a place to live, it felt I little depressing whenever I visited a family memeber that lives there. It seems like a bubble, which im not a fan of either. I would prefer to live in a city but if Loughborough is the best option I might be able to sacrifice although it seems hard to.

Ive been to birmingham a few times and it has always been an enjoyable experience and Liverpool as well, the one time I visited it was really good too. So I would have no complaints living in either cities

Course wise, I would say Aston seems to be the best option only marignally due to it being accredited and has the best name from the 3.

Im really torn between these options. Anyone able to help?
Hi

I'm currently a third year Economics student taking part in my placement year at Loughborough University. Having grown up in London, I would definitely say that I preferred the lifestyle that came with living in a city and I thought that coming to Loughborough would be an experience that I would've had to force myself to enjoy. My experience so far has been far from what I thought it would be and there has been so much for me to get involved in whilst I have been here in terms of sports and various societies from Hot Air Ballooning to Surfing! All of which has made it seem like less of a sacrifice for me to study here

All of the courses here give you the option to do a placement year which is great because whilst I've been working, I've been able to gain invaluable experience that I know will give me more confidence once I step into the workplace after I graduate. Hopefully sharing some of my experience will help you make a more informed decision on where you'd like to study!

All the best
Tendo
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.08%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.59%
Look for a job (12)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.44%
Take a year out (67)
17.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise