What extra-curriculars would you recommend for a good medicine personal statement?

Watch
rorzo2001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am currently doing AS and I would like to apply to medicine next year. This year is my only chance to participate in something long-term and I would like for it to be an activity that will hugely benefit my application.All advice is greatly appreciated
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rorzo2001)
I am currently doing AS and I would like to apply to medicine next year. This year is my only chance to participate in something long-term and I would like for it to be an activity that will hugely benefit my application.All advice is greatly appreciated
If you are not already involved in anything, don't waste your time starting a sport or a hobby now. Use your remaining months wisely and make sure you get A*s and score highly on your UCAT or BMAT because they are the ACTUAL requirements, not extra curricular activities.

Obviously, if you are representing England in U19 Rugby, Football and Cricket and you're asking us which one you should put, it's a different matter.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you done any work shadowing yet or volunteering (to show the skills needed for medicine)?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (201)
43.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (52)
11.28%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.59%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (98)
21.26%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.41%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.86%

Watched Threads