GOODluckONexams
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi i applied for student finance this year under a different university. i was worried about this however my teacher assured me they would update it automatically. they didnt so i have how long will they take to get back to me as i start university next week. i am extremely stressed please help.
Un_der
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi there, The same thing happened to my younger brother, he thought that Student Finance would update on its own but that's not the case. Luckily I was there when the topic had been brought up, otherwise, he would have been in a similar position as you. What I would say is that keep phoning, don't wait for them to get back to you because trust me people forget and you can't afford to waste a year. Login to your student finance and update it, keep chasing them up and asking for updates. And that's pretty much all you can do, good luck.
GOODluckONexams
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Un_der)
Hi there, The same thing happened to my younger brother, he thought that Student Finance would update on its own but that's not the case. Luckily I was there when the topic had been brought up, otherwise, he would have been in a similar position as you. What I would say is that keep phoning, don't wait for them to get back to you because trust me people forget and you can't afford to waste a year. Login to your student finance and update it, keep chasing them up and asking for updates. And that's pretty much all you can do, good luck.
hi do you know what number he rang on every time i ring they just have some weird options
Un_der
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Here's a link to all the numbers: https://www.gov.uk/contact-student-finance-england
Whichever applies to you, phone them up.
Yeah, I know they ask questions before you can actually talk to someone but that's just for security reasons.
But if you're referring to when they say press 1 for blah blah blah, press 2 for options so and so, just click any of them or something that's close to your problem.
Also, have your personal student finance number ready with you and they will also ask you 3 letters from your special answer the one that you answer to get into your student finance.
Hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?