The Student Room Group

I found my dad on a dating website. He’s married.

Hey, I don’t know if I should be posting this on TSR or not, but I’m lost for words, and I don’t know what else to do.

The other day I couldn’t find my phone, so I saw my dad’s phone in the living room and thought I’d call my phone. Then I noticed something that looked like a dating app, and out of curiosity I opened it. That’s when I see my dad’s profile, with dozens of other middle aged women messaging him. At this point I was just shocked more than anything.

I took a look at his profile and it asked for things like his age, occupation, where he lives, etc and all that was right. But for his relationship status, it said that he was separated, when he knows very well that he’s married to my mum, and happy as far as I could tell.
It also asked for how many children he has, and for that he said he has no children, when he also knows very well that he has four children; me, my two little sisters and my little brother. We’re all living in the same house and I thought we were happy together.

I just can’t believe my dad’s been on this dating site for so long, and has been been messaging so many random strangers and god knows if he’s been meeting up with them or not. What upsets me even more is that he’s saying he’s not married and that he has no children. I don’t know if I should just pretend I don’t know anything, or do something about it. My mum is a great mum to us all and a good wife to my dad. It would kill her if she found out about this. We’re fully dependent on my dad as well for income, as my mum is unable to work due to health reasons, and I don’t make enough right now to support my family. I’m an 18 year old girl by the way. What do I do?
Reply 1
Bribe your dad for money.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I don’t know if I should be posting this on TSR or not, but I’m lost for words, and I don’t know what else to do.

The other day I couldn’t find my phone, so I saw my dad’s phone in the living room and thought I’d call my phone. Then I noticed something that looked like a dating app, and out of curiosity I opened it. That’s when I see my dad’s profile, with dozens of other middle aged women messaging him. At this point I was just shocked more than anything.

I took a look at his profile and it asked for things like his age, occupation, where he lives, etc and all that was right. But for his relationship status, it said that he was separated, when he knows very well that he’s married to my mum, and happy as far as I could tell.
It also asked for how many children he has, and for that he said he has no children, when he also knows very well that he has four children; me, my two little sisters and my little brother. We’re all living in the same house and I thought we were happy together.

I just can’t believe my dad’s been on this dating site for so long, and has been been messaging so many random strangers and god knows if he’s been meeting up with them or not. What upsets me even more is that he’s saying he’s not married and that he has no children. I don’t know if I should just pretend I don’t know anything, or do something about it. My mum is a great mum to us all and a good wife to my dad. It would kill her if she found out about this. We’re fully dependent on my dad as well for income, as my mum is unable to work due to health reasons, and I don’t make enough right now to support my family. I’m an 18 year old girl by the way. What do I do?

personally i would keep quiet about it. Well actually I'd probably create a fake dating account as well to message him off and pretend I'm a neighbour or someone who he doesn't really know but who is from your area and knows he is married. And tell him that he has been found out. but he might just carry on like nothing's happened.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending