Do I stand a chance in getting into a master's program at Oxford? Watch

Gogpo2
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can provide some perspective on whether I am a competitive applicant for the MSc in Global Governance and Diplomacy program at Oxford. A few bullet points on my background are below:

- Since graduating a year ago I've been working at a Fortune 500 company related to the financial data industry as a senior associate
- I've also done long internships at two well-known companies in the areas of supply chain and strategy
- Co-founded my own small company
- I've done some volunteering with NGOs but not much
- I did my undergraduate in Management at Bath, achieving a 2:1
- Bilingual

Do I stand a chance in being accepted? I can see that current and past candidates on this course have similar levels of experience, BUT theirs are predominantly in the areas of global governance, NGOs, international development, etc.
stabilo20619
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
While your experience appears to be great, your downfall will probably be your undergrad grades! Seems like you need a 1st class degree for this course. They may reject you on that basis but no harm in applying.

"The MSc in Global Governance and Diplomacy is one of the most competitive master’s degrees in Oxford’s Social Science division. Most successful applicants have a first-class degree or the equivalent."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate