Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I think I might have OCD, I'm always double or triple checking everything ie, whenever I cook I keep checking if I've switched off cooking appliances off so many times because I think they might be on when I know I switched them off, I check if I've switched the light off before bed a few times, If I'm using a straw then I keep wash it then wash again before use becasue I sometimes think did it touch something when I know it didn't. I'm also a germophobe, I've always have been since I was a child, I wash my hands a lot for no reason. If I touch the door handles or anything I think is dirty like the table, chair etc then I'll wash my hands. When I use the toilet, I don't sit on it. I either hover over it or put tissue on the toilet seat before sitting on it, when I use public toilets I never touch the door to when I leave, obviously I don't sit on the toilet because of all the people who've used it. Whenever I go out like to university then before I leave I check so many times if I have all my stuff with me when I know I have them, there are a few other things I do that I think are obsessive but I can't remember them atm. Do I have OCD?
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It really depends how much this affects you and your life. I have Checking routines before I leave the house but on a bad day will end up late for work as I can't stop. See your GP if you're concerned. As with everything mental health is on a spectrum and people are differing degrees of neurotic about these things... There's no fixed point when it becomes a disorder.
Minchico
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think the more important question is do these things have a serious negative impact on your life? If not then it doesn't really matter whether you do or not
s45436934
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Have you tried doing any online quizzes? A test isn't a diagnosis of OCD but it should give you an idea of whether you ought to go to your GP and talk about it
https://www.additudemag.com/screener...s-test-adults/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (8)
6.4%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (70)
56%
No (47)
37.6%

Watched Threads